Twenty-Seven

Have you ever wondered how it feels like to ride a dragon? It's definitely not like the roller coaster ones for little kids. No, this one is so much better, and if I could, I would stay in the sky forever. The sensation of soaring through the sky on a powerful, mythical creature evokes feelings of freedom, excitement, and wonder. The rush of wind, the heat of the dragon's breath, and the breathtaking views from high above make it a truly extraordinary and unforgettable adventure.

It didn't take us too long to get out of the mountain area. And now the breathtaking view was gone, replacing it with darkness and destruction. Granted, not everything was destroyed, but slowly but surely, it was, and if that wasn't a sign that time was running out, I don't know what else was. I sat myself up, still holding Wyvern as best as possible, as I titled myself to the side to look down at everything. It all looked like little ants. There was no way I could find my friends this far up.

"Wyvern? Wyvern!" I called out, leaning toward him now. If this dude was ignoring me, I would fall off him so fast to see him panic. Just as I was about to do precisely that, Wyvern turned his head slightly toward me.

"What?" He grunted out. My eyes widened as I wasn't expecting him to be able to talk in dragon form. I must admit, that's fucking cool.

"Can you get closer to the ground so I can see? Everything is small up here." I answered, pointing down. Wyvern looked down before turning his body as he started flying downwards. Pretty fast, too. "Wyvern? What are you doing? Slow down!" I shouted, laying my upper body on him again as I held onto him tightly. The wind smacked me in the face. Wyvern slowed down eventually and let out a hearty laugh as he now flew above the trees.

"You did that on purpose, you asshat!" I smacked him but couldn't help but laugh. It was a mixture of fear and excitement that ran through me, almost like those roller coasters that start at the top and rush down fast before you can blink. Focusing on the creatures below me, I could not help but wave at some of them, and for once, they waved back as if they figured out I was not a threat. That made me happy as I was not in the mood to be ignored. I was here to save my hometown and everyone living in it. I wanted to be like the heroes in those books. Though I admit, villains are way better than heroes in some books sometimes.

Even though Wyvern was much closer to where I could see everyone, I still did not have my eyes set on my friends. If only I had an idea of where they might have gone, this would be so much easier. Wyvern continued moving farther and closer to everything, trying to help me search. 

"Wait.... Wait... oh my god." I muttered to myself, smacking myself on the forehead in disbelief. Wyvern turned his head to look at me, confusion glowing in his eyes. I did not have time to explain to him what I had figured out, but I was sure he was going to freak out with what I was about to do. The fact that I did not think to teleport wherever I wanted to go. Wouldn't it work the same if I think of teleporting where my friends might be? Closing my eyes, I thought about Meadow and Rylan, but when I reopened them, we were still in the sky. Wyvern now looked at me like I was nuts.

"I was trying to teleport to them, but it didn't work that way. I have to know where they are to get to them." I explained, sighing as it was disappointing that it didn't work. That was fine as two figures running caught my attention, and not just any figures but Meadow and Rylan. Tapping Wyvern excitedly, I pointed with my other hand to show him where I needed him to go. Wyvern turned his body and went down toward my running friends, who seemed quite frantic to get where they needed to go. Before he could even land, I was already hopped off of his back and had my arms spread out to stop them. Rylan and Meadow came to an abrupt halt, their eyes widening at seeing me.

"Arianna? Is that you? Who am I fucking kidding! It's you! Oh my god." Rylan quickly pulled me into his arms, and to say that I had missed him would be an understatement. It felt so good to be right where I belonged, in my best friend's arms. Wrapping my arms around Rylan's waist, I buried my face into his chest.