Twenty-Nine

Fay

I can see it. The wheels turn in her head as everything falls into place. Her face contorted from confusion, sadness, anger, and then realization.  Her friends were calling out her name throughout the whole process, but all I did was grin because there was nothing they could do to pull her out of her misery. Arianna needed to know what she had done. Now the question was...

Was she going to be the Arianna I know or the Arianna they know?

"Arianna? Ari, are you okay?" Rylan questioned, his hand placed on her lower back in comfort. She won't need reassurance. Wyvern stayed behind, looking quite out of place.

"What happened? What did you see!" It was Meadow questioning her now, but yet Arianna still did not respond. Her eyes snapped up from their place on the ground to lock onto my own, and if my grin could get any bigger, it would. There she is—my dotting sister. I was not so sure that as all her memories came back, that she would immediately switch back to her old self. Not many people do, but this is my twin we are talking about here. But I also know it won't be like that for long; she'll flop back and forth between the personas she made up for herself. Knowing she had both memories of before and now, she could easily manipulate and pretend I was still the evil one and that she had no idea what was going on.

But I was not going to let her do that. No. Everyone was going to see the real her and watch as I drained her of her life like I should have done six years ago.

"Welcome home, sister." I greeted, spreading my arms out to the side. I had almost forgotten that I had our parents tied up against the big oak tree if it wasn't for the fact that they started tugging at their restraints. I looked behind me at them, arching an eyebrow. They were so quiet this whole time. Why make a fuss now?

"You just couldn't let this go, could you? It's been six years. Six!" Arianna fussed, throwing her hands up, completely ignoring everyone around her. They probably thought she was being the Arianna they knew, but I can see that look in her eyes. I knew it all too well. She was playing the victim yet again. Arianna was good at that.

"That's very true. You're destroying this place, Fay. All for what? The fact that you lost control of your powers and tried to kill your own sister?" Meadow backed Arianna up.  A scowl slowly etched onto my face because what they couldn't see was the all-familiar smug look on Arianna's face as she was being protected. Ridiculous. Everything was all my fault yet again. Sure, I let my anger out on the world first before venturing to find her. It wasn't the brightest idea, but at the same time, it was necessary.  Rylan stepped up now, pointing behind me to the parents.

"We played your stupid game. Arianna got her memories back! You are still the one at fault now; give us her parents back and return to where you came from."

My fault. It's my fault. Always my fault. My fault. My fault. My fault. My fault. My fault. My fault.

"My fault?" I spoke loudly this time, my eyes glazed. Meadow furrowed her eyebrows, holding her hand out to the side to stop Rylan from venturing further. Arianna still stood behind them with that smug look on her face. I barked out a laugh, my arms curling around me as I leaned forward. Tears streaming down my face from the force of my laughter.

"What's so damn funny!?" Wyvern hissed out, and it only made me laugh harder. What was he even doing here? I only expected the trio to arrive here, not this dragon. He wasn't part of this game. That made me irritated. My laugh immediately stopped, and a frown slowly formed on my face. I stared at this dragon as if only my gaze would make him fall over.

"I asked you a question." Wyvern was the only one who actually walked up to me, his chest puffing out as if to be intimidating. He didn't need to look intimidating. He was the lord of the dragons, after all. Anyone and anybody is intimidated by his large frame. I ran my fingers through my hair, shrugging my shoulders.