Eighteen

Being here was not even that hard. I don't understand. It was the same thing over and over. Wake up. Eat. Work. Free time. Sleep. And the cycle continues. Other than the occasional fights that would break out between the others, nothing much happened. So why was I stuck here? What was the point of all of this? Just to show that it's boring here? That she was bored out of her mind because it was the same routine. Either way, I needed to get out of here. She doesn't expect me to stay here forever, does she?

I want you to know what it was like for me.

Well, I got it now, so I'm leaving. It's just a lot harder than I thought it would be.
"You can turn around, you know? I'm not going anywhere. There's nowhere for me to go, but I sure as well is not showering while you stare at me like a creep." I hissed, glaring at the two guards that stood in front of the door, basically blocking it so I wouldn't be able to run past. But instead of facing toward the door, they faced away from me. Watching.

"You have a shower with a curtain to close. Don't try that excuse." One of the guards responded. They were right, but that wasn't why I didn't want them here. They never guarded anybody else that showered yet because Fay escaped once; it was like tight security to ensure I didn't do anything. I threw one last glare in their direction before walking away to one of the stalls to shower, pulling the curtain close hard.

"Honestly. I don't think we need to practice anymore. I feel like you got it." Sevyn stated, shrugging her shoulders as she played around with her food. Today's food wasn't the best, so not many people were eating it. Even when I wasn't touching it, and most of the time when the food wasn't that great, I still tried to eat at least some of it. I pushed my tray aside as I leaned on the table with my hand on my cheek. Sevyn and I had been training nonstop since that day. I have another memory. I've been careful with talking to her, asking her questions close to what I originally wanted to know, like her powers. I found out that Sevyn had earth powers while Atlas had lightning. Now, I don't care about Atlas's abilities, but considering Fay and him know each other, it's good information for me to know. Oh, and Nyx. Let's not forget about her. She has spiritual powers.

"You may think I am, but honestly, I don't think I am. These guards seem tough and have weapons and tasers of their own. I need to make sure I am absolutely ready. I can't have a mess up again." I tapped the table aggressively as I spoke, trying to clarify my point. Sevyn only grinned, which was always the answer that she got me. When lunch was over, we went outside and back to our regular spot toward the wall, where we always practiced our fighting.

I obviously lied a little. I was getting better at fighting. Way better than when I practiced back when I was younger and not memory younger but human younger.. that doesn't even make sense, but you get my drift. I was much faster and threw more brutal kicks and punches, but I was afraid. Afraid that I was going to mess up. That something was going to go wrong. So, I wanted to practice more. Practice until I knew I was absolutely ready. I just hoped it wouldn't take me too long cause my friends were waiting for me. I can't let them down.

"Are you ready?" Sevyn got into position. I took a deep breath.

"Ready."

As they faced each other in the middle of the forest, tension hung in the air like a heavy fog. This was serious. Serious training despite the two only being kids. But their life depended on it. Their future. What they could bring.

Fay lunged forward, fists clenched, and Arianna expertly sidestepped, countering with a swift kick to Fay's midsection. Fay staggered but quickly recovered, retaliating with a series of lightning-fast punches or at least trying to. Arianna was the better fighter between them, so she deflected each and every one.