Three

There's always something or someone that you do not know in your life. Sometimes, it comes to you and spills right onto your pages, or other times; you never figure out who that person is or what that something is. It all depends on you and the person hiding it from you.

  "Why are we in the library?" Rylan asked as he plopped down onto a chair. I ignored him, glancing around for a computer. Not many people were in the library, but it was enough for the librarian who calmly read her book from behind the counter. "Ahem!" I looked back over at Rylan, raising an eyebrow. After spending the night at the hotel, we returned to the road and arrived in California in a few days. We were still staying at a hotel until we found my old place.

Rylan leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his navy blue button-up shirt, his sleeves rolled up. He had slapped on a beanie on top of his hat that he bought from a store. His clothes brought out the green in his eyes, the green that was a mixture of the sky and the grass.

I placed a hand on my bare hips, tilting my head to the side. I, on the other hand, was wearing a soft gray crop top, blue denim jacket, and light blue shorts. It was shining outside, and I was not going to be sweating by wearing some jeans and a shirt. I needed to be free from the hotness of the sun.

"That kidnapper is out there somewhere, Rylan." I leaned over the desk, whispering in case someone might be listening. "We can't run forever, you know. I'm going to find my parents, and I'm going to find that enemy. She's in my brain; she's everywhere. Whenever I close my eyes, she takes over my dreams, my mind."

"So, what does going to the library have to do with that?"

"Maybe I can research information or log into my parents' Gmail. Something..." I pushed away from the table and walked over to an accessible computer, logging in. Rylan joined me, scooting his chair over. I opened up at least three Chromes and logged into each one: my Gmail, my mother's, and my father's.

"How do you know their passwords?"

"I'm quite trustworthy when I put in the effort," I answered, shrugging my shoulders. Checking on my Gmail, there were only junk messages. Nothing special, nothing out of the ordinary. I clicked on my mother's and scrolled through hers. Most were also junk messages, while others were for her jobs, especially ones asking where she was and why she had not been working lately. But again, there was nothing out of the ordinary to help. Clicking on my father's Gmail now, he had a bunch of messages, and I could tell he did not know how to organize or delete spam and junk messages.

"He must have something with all this mess..." I mumbled as I scanned everything. Rylan reached out, stopping me from scrolling any further. He pointed to a message that looked like it belonged in the trash.

"It says your name...."

I leaned forward and saw that my full name was on display. This was a recent message from a week ago that he received, and it looked as though he would respond to it but never got the time to. I glanced over at Rylan, who gave me a beckoning look before clicking the message.

       To: Nick Joyce
       From: Anonymous
        June 18th
      12:01 P.M.

Hello Mr. Joyce,  I won't go on with the sayings of 'how are you' or 'how has your life been' because I know. I know everything that goes on in your life. Every step you take, everything that you do or say. I can see it. I'm not physically there, but I still see everything. Have you forgotten about me already? I hope not because I'm here. I am trapped in Andromeda.  Don't you miss me?

I'm pretty sure you don't because you have Arianna. Arianna, the good one. Yet I'm the evil one. Don't you know? She should have been locked away, not me. I should have the perfect life she's living, not her. She doesn't even remember. She doesn't know who I am or that I exist. You wiped away her memory of my existence. You wiped away her memory of who she is. How could you do that to your daughter? Why are you protecting her from who she is? What are you protecting her from? Me?