Sixteen

For the past three days, everything has been the same. Wake up, eat, have free time, or even sometimes have to work for the guards, such as helping out in the cafeteria. Sevyn did not tell me any more of the plan, assuming that I knew what I was getting myself into, while Atlas continued to throw glares at me and also try to fight me during free time, but seeing as I was not in the mood for it, I always walked away from the fight and put myself back in the cell to get away from him. I have also figured out that Nyx, who hung around him, was; she also hated my guts. Specifically Fay's guts. It seemed like as long as they had been in this facility, some twins had become relatively fit. Not only were Sevyn and Atlas quite muscular, but Nyx was also.

Nyx was a light-skinned female with shoulder-length black hair and golden eyes. Yes, golden. Not hazel. Golden. She had markings or what looked to me like tattoos on both of her arms, as well as covering her whole back. If I could explain what they were, I would, but I can't even figure out what they are, nor can I get close enough to look at them. I have also figured out that, unlike a human jail where everyone wears orange suits, you can wear whatever you want or whatever you got captured in. Of course, there is a spot to wash your clothes, and you get offered new ones if you wish to.

Considering I was in the same outfit since I even stepped into this world, I decided to change my clothing. I even got another set of clothing for the time to escape. After another lunch day of helping, everyone was back out in the yard doing what they usually did to pass the time. Approaching Sevyn, I finally decided to ask her for more help, seeing as I did not want to waste any more time here.

"Are you going to help me or what?" I questioned, as the only thing Sevyn kept telling me was I would have to fight my way through.

Sevyn turned her head toward me. "You act like you don't know how to fight. All that practicing we did just in case the first plan failed... you think it was for nothing?"

"Our practicing?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. We had been walking around the yard, watching the other inmates. Sevyn stopped walking as she looked at me in disbelief. As if I was supposed to remember. Well, Fay should be the one remembering, but I am not Fay. I halted my walking as well as I turned toward her, but as I did, a punch flew my way yet again, but this time, I was ready as I swiftly dodged the punch. "What the hell, Sevyn!?"

Sevyn rolled her shoulders, turning toward me as she stood with her feet width apart and her fists up to her face. "Come at me." She waved her hand forward. My mouth dropped open at the realization that she wanted us to fight. Right here. Right now. As if it was completely normal. I mean, it was seeing as there were others in their corner doing the exact same thing, but I was not a fighter. I only fight to protect myself, not to prove to anybody that I can do it. Sevyn continued to stare at me, waiting, and I knew I had no choice but to do what she wanted. Stepping back, I got myself in my fighting stance before moving forward, throwing a punch her way, which she easily dodged. Sevyn grabbed my arm as she dodged, kicking her feet against mine and making me topple onto the ground.

"You lost your groove," Sevyn mentioned as she kneeled before me. "Let's get you back in it." She grinned as she grabbed a hold of the collar of my shirt, yanking me back onto my feet. Before I could even prepare myself, I was thrown against the wall. The impact knocked the breath out of me.

"Why do we have to fight if we can use our powers?" A younger Fay asked as they stood in the middle of the forest where they typically practiced their abilities. But today was different. Today, they weren't told to use their powers against each other; instead, they had to use their fists. It was a strange lesson.

"Just in case one day, we are unable to use our abilities or if somehow we have to fight with fists and powers. I don't know. Let's get this over with." Arianna explained, shrugging her shoulders. That's what Meadow said, at least. She still never explained what she meant by twins being a good cause for the world despite them asking almost daily as if it was supposed to be a secret.

Before anyone could react, the fight had begun. Arianna was the first one to start the attacks. The first impact reverberated through the air as Fay staggered backward. Seizing the opportunity, Arianna leaped forward, rapidly combining kicks and punches. Of course, seeing as this was not a real fight, Arianna did not hit too hard. But Fay could not keep up with all of her attacks, dodging as best as she could, but at some points, she staggered and tripped on her own two feet.

"Enough enough," Fay shouted, her hands flying to shield her face as Arianna went to swing her leg up. Arianna stopped, crossing her arms as she looked at her twin.

"What is it?"

"You're too good. I'm not a fighter like you are. Where did you even learn how to do all of this?" Fay lowered her hands as her chest moved up and down rapidly.

"I'll be honest. I have no idea. Despite our abilities, I've always been more interested in hand combat. It has more of a kick to it now, combining those two. Man, that's probably an unstoppable match." Arianna laughed, throwing her head back before rushing toward Fay as she tackled her to the ground.

I blinked a couple of times, holding my head—another memory. I should have known I was always a fighter. I've always tried getting my parents to put me in martial arts or some fighting class. Martial arts. Boxing. You name it. But to know that I was more interested in it than my powers and that Fay couldn't keep up with me. That it was already being practiced like I've always wanted caught me off guard. Fay could fight, too, which was a disadvantage for me. Maybe if I took this time to train harder, then by the time I escape and save everyone, I'll be stronger than her.

"Hello?? Fay? Earth to Fay!? Did the impact get you that bad?" Sevyn's voice rang out, and I had not realized I was on the ground beside the wall she had thrown me into. I looked up, seeing her hovering over me as her hand waved back and forth in my face. I hopped up, dusting myself off.

"Every day.." I started, grabbing Sevyn's arm as I turned my back and flung her over my shoulder. "I want you to train me until I'm ready. So I can escape and go sa- get my revenge. Got it?" I crossed my arms, looking down at her. Sevyn grinned, nodding her head as she flipped herself up. She swung her arm over my shoulder, starting to walk again as if we didn't throw each other around.

"You got yourself a deal." Sevyn winked.