Four

Her eyes were intense, and unlike the rest of her, they weren't at all expressive; they were cold, like ice. Most blue eyes were captivating like mine as if you could dive into them, but her eyes sent electrical chills running down your spine.  She stood there like royalty, her black hair pouring over her shoulders, stopping below her chest. Her hair shone like the sea at night, the black strands brilliantly white where the bright rays fell.

A simple black dress covered slightly by some overalls and wedged shoes completed her slim figure. There was something about her appearance that nagged at me, but I could not figure out what it was. Most notable was how identical we were. Scanning the rest of the basement, I tried looking for my parents, hoping they might be there. The windows that were placed low against the walls were covered with wood in an attempt to hide everything inside. So no one could scream for help or try to escape. My eyes landed on another door that I was unaware was there. Did it get built by others, or was it always there because there were so many boxes and such when I was little I did not see it?

"Are you not listening to me?" Fay snarled, her hands curling into fists. Rylan tugged at my hand, causing me to snap my gaze from the door to the fuming girl. If possible, there could be steam blowing out of her ears.

"Where are my parents?" I asked, ignoring her anger. Fay relaxed just a bit as she snickered, crossing her arms. Rylan placed his hand on my back in comfort.

"That's what you're so worried about? Nothing else?" Fay tilted her head, a few strands of hair falling before her face. If it were not for the fact that she was a kidnapper and probably even a killer, I would say that she was rather beautiful.

"Of course! You took my parents, and I want them back. Now, where are they!?" I snarled, taking a step forward. I might be afraid on the inside, but I was much more demanding on the outside. Fay stared at me, unfazed. Her blue eyes scanned over my body as if sizing me up.

"You don't even see what you are capable of. They took everything from you. To protect you, but I don't think they protected you correctly. You can't even see it, but I can..." Fay mumbled, her eyes landing back on mine. My eyebrows knitted together in confusion, and I spared a glance over at Rylan. My gaze flitted over to the door, to which Rylan glanced over at it. His mouth opened just slightly before he bit his bottom lip.

"Don't even think about it. Do you think I will get that distracted for you to see what's inside? I'm not that stupid...."  Fay stepped toward me, her eyes looking almost challenging. I stayed in my spot, trying to look as tough as possible or at least not quiver under my feet. She wasn't all that scary, but it was the vibe I could feel from her that got me.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"I want you to remember.." Fay answered as if it was the most straightforward answer. I shook my head, stepping back now.

"Remember what?" I knew the answer, but it still did not make sense.

"Let's play a game..." She smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"A game?" I finally responded, looking back at her. My mind was everywhere, bouncing from one subject to another. Focus, Ari, focus.

"You want your parents back badly, but will they tell you all the questions roaming your head? I don't think so... I'll help you answer your questions." Fay spread her arms wide as she smiled, a beautiful smile. She then walked over to the door that Rylan and I were trying to get to and leaned against it.

"Your parents and I are going to go somewhere else. It's somewhere fun, but I'll still watch for you. You'll live in this house, and everything will be as it should be, but throughout the house, there will be clues. Clues about who you are, who I am, your parents, and your childhood. All the questions in your head will be answered with clues. It will take you somewhere else. Until your memory is restored, I will be keeping your parents. If your memory does not repair, I will not only kill your parents, but I will also be coming for you. "