Twenty-Five

When I say that being intimidating to people where they stay clear of your way is sometimes astonishing, I do not mean literally everyone. I've been trying to ask for help ever since I left, but no one wants to talk to me. They all think that I'm Fay, which makes sense considering I look like her, but it also doesn't make sense because why would Fay want to walk around out in the open like this? Wouldn't people either stir clear of her like they are doing now or try to defeat her? Thank god, I haven't had anyone try to fight me. I don't want to hurt anyone. Also, Fay and I have two different sets of powers: ice and fire.

Granted, I have not shown my fire powers only because I feel they would be even more scared. They may not register that I am not Fay and that I am out to hurt them, so I have not even tried.

But walking around this forest with no sense of direction was killing me. How am I supposed to find Ryan and Meadow and the final destination like this if I had no clue where exactly I was going? I haven't had a single memory occur since the last one. I wonder if that was it. That was the last memory I would receive before the final one. No. That wouldn't make sense. Clearly, Fay did more than this before she lost control.

Also, is it a wrong time to say that I am pretty hungry? Food was the last thing on my mind, and now that I have nothing better to do but wander around aimlessly, I might as well find something to eat.

"Excuse me. Do you have-" I started questioning a couple of human creatures, but they, too, hurried off before I could even finish my sentence. I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration.

"Please stop running away from me! I am harmless." I hissed. More to myself as no one would be able to hear me anyway. Taking a deep breath, I continued down the path, looking for anything edible. Finding something edible is quite challenging when the whole forest is destroyed.

Alright. Maybe not the whole forest, considering everyone needed to eat somehow. But no one wanted to help me, so I needed to help myself instead. A couple of these trees had some fruits perched on them, but I am not that strong to shake them down. Teleporting may work, but am I really going to teleport back and forth for some fruits?

If anyone thought I was going to say yes, then they are entirely wrong. Because I did not teleport. I climbed the tree instead because I do know how to climb trees. What child didn't try to climb a tree when they were little? Picking off various fruits from different trees, I went to a lake. There were a bunch of lakes everywhere. Convenient if I do say so myself. Sticking the fruits into the water, I washed them clean before finding a place to sit against a tree. Making sure I had a view of the lake and everything else around me, just in case, I set the fruits in my lap and started eating.

Apples. Berries. Kiwi. Oranges. In the human world, I eat these all the time, but here. I have no idea what they do to these fruits, but they are phenomenal. I should have grabbed some more if I knew how good they would taste. But what I grabbed would do for now. I need to find somewhere to stay. Or, hopefully, bump into my friends. Getting back onto my feet, I dusted my clothes off and stepped forward to start walking, but suddenly, a hard pressure hit my back, causing me to fly forward and hit the ground.

"Man. What the fuck!?" I grunted, pushing myself back onto my feet and dusting myself off again. Slowly turning toward the source of my fall, my eyes widened at the sight before me. To say this man was gorgeous was an understatement. Gorgeous but dangerous.

The man was built like a god, wearing nothing but pants to where I could see all the mythical tattoos covering his chest, abs, and arms as well as some coming up his neck and stopping at his face. There were gauntlets on either side of his wrists. His long blue hair followed down his back, and his yellow eyes glowed angrily. If it weren't for his pointy ears decorated with earrings and his long horns that curved back, I would have never guessed he was a dragon.