Nineteen

Atlas and Nyx have been sitting with Sevyn and me lately, but only because they were good friends with Sevyn. Of course, they wanted nothing to do with me, so they ignored me; even when I tried jumping in on the conversations, they would thoroughly brush over what I was saying and continue talking with Sevyn. They even interrupted our practice during free time, complaining that I was taking Sevyn away from them. It made me wonder if they knew who I actually was, would they still hate me as much as they hate Fay? Probably, considering they are only helping me to take revenge on myself. I am surprised by how well I've been acting as Fay. I've only had one almost slip up but quickly covered it up.

I need to keep it up for a few more days, and then I can get out of here. Atlas and I have not been fist-fighting since that first day we met, and we have only been arguing back and forth, while Nyx and I have only glared at each other. From what I could find out, Nyx was never Fay's enemy. They were friendly with each other, but after a huge fight broke out between Atlas and Fay, causing Atlas to get that scar on his face, their friendship broke. Nyx was always closer to Atlas, so seeing how injured he had gotten, Nyx wanted nothing to do with Fay anymore—staying next to Atlas's side ever since. Honestly, I do not blame them at all. I don't even know Fay all that well other than she's my evil twin sister, but even I wouldn't want anything to do with her.

"Sevyn, can you teach me that one move again? I feel like I can not get it right." I approached the group as they were perched against the wall, talking amongst each other like they had been doing for a couple of days now. Sevyn finished what she was responding to before pushing herself off of the wall as she stood in front of me. Atlas and Nyx stayed against the wall, glaring like they usually did. It was getting quite annoying and exhausting the amount of times they would glare at me.

"What move? The one with the arms behind their back?" Sevyn questioned, to which I nodded my head. It was not the fact that I could not get it right. It was the fact that I was scared that I would mess it up somehow. Disarming a weapon from the guard's hands. Anything could go wrong so fast. Before I could blink, though, I let out a grunt as my arms were pulled behind my back, and my knees buckled, making me fall to the ground. The hold on me was so much firmer and tighter, the pain almost unbearable.

"Go easy on me, would you? This hurts!" I exclaimed as I turned my head to look behind me, but who was holding me down was not Sevyn. Instead, it was Atlas with a wicked grin on his face, his hands holding my arms down tightly as his knee pressed against my lower back, refraining me from moving. Sevyn had never moved from where she was standing in front of me. Even her face was shocked at what was happening, while Nyx had the same expression as Atlas.

You have to be shitting me.

"Did you get it now?" Atlas asked as he leaned down so that our faces were inches from each other. His eyes filled with nothing but hatred and disgust. He did this on purpose. To overpower me, and there was nothing I could do to get out of this hold he had me in. The pain was even more overbearing with him leaning so close to me.

"Get off of her, Atlas. No one even asked for your help." All of a sudden, Atlas was grabbed by the collar and thrown off of me, his back hitting the wall, yet he didn't make a noise to signify that the impact hurt or anything. Instead, he only brushed himself off and crossed his arms. I slowly pushed myself up onto my knees as I rolled my shoulders and arms to relieve the pain I was feeling, as well as twisting my body. I was not here to pick fights, and I was doing an excellent job with not wanting to throw a kick to the man's groin, but he sure as well was making it hard for me to control myself not doing so. Sevyn helped me onto my feet once I was ready to move, and she led me away from the two and to a different part of the yard.

"I know I say this a lot, but ignore them. I do not know what has gotten into Atlas, but he should not have done that to you, and I am so sorry that he did." Sevyn apologized, sliding down the wall until her butt hit the ground. I stayed standing as the thought of being on the ground was not appealing to me at the moment. It was sad that Sevyn was apologizing to me as if it was her fault that this was happening, but it wasn't. This was all on Fay.