seventy nine

It was dark and the moon was high in the sky when the excitement in the house had calmed down. Jacob was napping on the sofa, Edward and Bella coddled Nesmee by the large windows, and I sat with Eli on the floor as he played with his toy trucks, listening to the little sound effects he made when they crashed into each other.

"Finally." I heard Edward mutter and I assumed the others were nearby. It was time for him to show Bella their house.

"My turn." Clary heard Rosalie's heels clack against the floor as she happily stole Nesmee from Bella.

"Mama look!" I smiled widely at Eli as he showed two of his trucks jamming into each other and I laughed and ruffled his hair affectionately. I turned my head as I heard the back doors open and watched Alice walk in, bouncing happily.

"Happy birthday!" She beamed. Emmett came our way and sat in the armchair beside Eli, watching our little boy making race car noises.

"I stopped aging three days ago." Same old Bella. Still refusing to be old.

"Well we're celebrating anyway, so suck it up." Alice grinned. "Come with me." She grabbed Bella's hand and we all watched silently as they left.

"Don't even think about mentioning it." I turned and pointed my finger at Emmett. He only grinned innocently and raised his hands in the air.

"I wasn't. I swear." He chuckled. "Besides, I've already picked the perfect place."

"As long as it's not in someone's backyard, I'm all for it," I smirked. He winked and I chuckled. "And I want a big bed. You may not sleep but we still do." I gestures between Eli and me and he nodded.

"Noted." He smirked. He moved to sit down behind Eli and grabbed one of the abandoned toy trucks.

"Will I have to sleep with earplugs tonight?" I joked but I was being serious.

"They're far enough away that I think you should be fine. The rest of us, however.." Dom trailed off with a grimace. "On second thought, we should all use some earplugs tonight. Maybe for the next month."

"Oh please! You and Rose are probably worse than they'll be!" Emmett laughed loudly.

"We probably are but don't act like you're so innocent right now buddy." Dom taunted back.

"You've never heard us," Emmett informed him.

"And you never will. Not as long as we live in the same house." I piped in.

"Babe, come on." Emmett laughed. "It's bound to happen."

"No way." I shook my head. "Plus we're not having sex for a while anyway. Carlisle hasn't cleared me and your son's head tore me apart. You better get reacquainted with your right hand because that's all the action you'll be getting until Carlisle gives the say-so." I narrowed my eyes at him and he mumbled angrily but didn't argue back. "And we're using condoms."

"We'll get you a lifetime supply." Dom laughed. "Em, what size are you? Extra, extra small?"

"Okay, that's it!" Emmett charged at Dom but Carlisle intervened with a laugh.

"Not in the house. Take it outside." He scolded them. The two raced outside, Jasper and Jacob following them. The two are no doubt making a bet.

"And you agreed to marry that idiot?" Rose joked.

"You married yours," I smirked and she scoffed, a smile gracing her pristine face. "Esme, do you mind watching Eli for a moment? I want to speak to Carlisle about something." She nodded and I stood to my feet, following Carlisle into his office.