fifty five

"Purple?" I deadpanned. "Bella you don't even like purple." I laughed.

"Shut up." She hit me with a pillow. "Yes, I do." We were sitting on her bed at Dad's house discussing the minor wedding details. She and Edward were spending their last week apart before they married. But apparently, Edward wasn't as honorable as we originally thought. "Purple is a nice color."

"Then why don't you wear it?"

"Shut up. " she rolled her eyes. "Hey, so why didn't you just get a pregnancy test?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "A sonogram just seemed more efficient."

"I thought you said you did an ultrasound?" She looked so confused, it was mildly adorable.

"Bella, they're the same thing. Just different names." I chuckled and shook my head. I lay on her bed and stared at her ceiling. I glowed with the dark stars glued to the ceiling above my bed but Bella had little butterflies instead. They weren't as exciting but nice to look at.

"So there is a baby in you?" She poked my stomach gently and smiled at it.

"There really is." I smiled happily and rested my hands on my small stomach. I hadn't started to show yet, Carlisle didn't know when I would either. A vampire getting a human pregnant has never been heard of.

"Are you excited?"

"Excited, nervous, scared, I'm feeling it all." I shrugged. "It's so weird knowing that I have a little person inside of me."

"I bet." Bella chuckled. "How does Emmett feel? Was he happy when he saw the baby?" My smile fell.

"He didn't go," I mumbled. "Dominic went in his place."

"Why didn't he go?"

"I don't know so if you see him, can you ask him?" I laughed. She nodded and excused herself to go to the bathroom. I had come back to Dad's house to give him the news, I didn't want to do it without Emmett but seeing as he was avoiding me, I chose to do it without him. I walked downstairs, my sock-covered feet padded against the floor softly. I stopped as I reached the last step and saw Dad sitting at the dining room table. I held the sonogram picture in my hand and I glanced at it before walking over to the table and sitting across from him.

"Hey, Dad?" I smiled timidly.

"Yeah?" He looked up at me and gave me a curious stare.

"There's something I need to tell you." I looked at the picture in my hand before placing it on the table and sliding it over to him. He slid it closer to him and flipped it over. He stared at the picture with shock. He looked at me, my hands covering my stomach, to the picture.

"You're pregnant?" He didn't look up from the picture.

"I am." I smiled widely. He mimicked my smile and stood up. I stood up too and let him wrap his arms around me. "You're not mad?"

"I should be, but I'm gonna be a Grandpa!" He nearly shouted. He released me and we sat back down. "So where's Emmett? He is the dad right?"

"Yes, he's the dad." I laughed and rolled my eyes. "He's out celebrating with his brothers." I lied to him.

"Well, who else knows?"

"Bella and the Cullens." He nodded.

"What about Billy?"

"I'm heading over later to tell him." I dreaded going over there but I needed to.

"Well, I'm happy for you. You're going to be a great Mom." He smiled at me and I found myself believing his words.