sixty three

"What are you doing here?" I asked Edward as we entered my room. He closed my bedroom door and took a seat on the chair in the corner of the room. I sat cross-legged on my bed and watched him curiously. "Where's Bella? Is she here too?"

"No, she's in Florida with your mom." I nodded and he smiled timidly. "How's the baby?"

"I have an appointment later but he's fine. He kicks now and then, so I'm taking that as a good sign." I smiled and rubbed my baby bump, which seemed to grow a bit larger since I arrived.

"That's good." He nodded. "Decided on any names yet?"

"I have. His name's going to be Elijah Cole." I beamed. "Last name to be decided."

"Well, no matter what the last name you give him, he's going to have an amazing Mother."

"Thank you." I smiled. "Now tell me what you're doing here?"

"I'm here for two reasons." He began. "The first being the most obvious one."

"Emmett." I sighed.

"He misses you, Clary." I knew Edward was trying to probe my mind, but I wasn't having it.

"Yeah well, he knows where I am." I flopped back on my bed. "If he wants to see me or if he misses me as bad as you're saying, then he can come here."

"I'll be sure to tell him that." Edward chuckled at my stubbornness.

"What's your other reason?"

"You." I turned my head to look at him and he sighed heavily. "Bella wants to have a baby."

"And you don't want one?"

"Bella wants to have one sooner rather than later so that way as soon as she has one, the sooner she'll be turned. But now that we know that me impregnating her is possible, I want to wait."

"So then wait. I mean she kind of needs you to have a baby, so if you say no, then it's no." I shrugged.

"Bella doesn't see it that way. I told her we could have a few more years with her as a human, have a child and then I'll turn her."

"Ultimately, it is your decision. If she wants to get turned, she doesn't need you for that. But if she wants a baby, then you have the option to tell her no." I smiled fondly at him. "You just need to make up your mind before your honeymoon ends."

"I know, but she's not making it easy for me." Edward sighed.

"Look Edward, I'm not Bella, so my words won't be much help, but it's like I said, she can't have a baby without you." I chuckled. "I mean she needs your -"

"Don't even say it." He held up a hand and I laughed.

"I was going to say baby juice but okay." I corrected him.

"So how much longer do you plan on staying here?"

"Until I get what I came here for." I sighed. "I came for information about the baby and I'm not leaving until I get it. Besides, it's kind of nice here."

"Are they taking care of you?"

"Yeah. They're all pretty nice and friendly, despite their scary appearances. I'd even go as far as calling them, my friends."

"As long as you're being taken care of."

"Clary?" Arielle entered my room and sent Edward a timid smile. "It's time." I nodded and stood up.

"Come on Edward, let's go check on my baby." Edward followed behind me as we trailed behind Arielle. We eventually stopped walking down the long winding hallways and made it to a room. The room had all sorts of medical equipment and I gaped at the sight. "What's all this?"