sixty seven

"She hates me, doesn't she?" I sighed as I watched Rose and Bella from the hallway. They were still sitting on the couch in the living room and I could Rose glare at me every few seconds.

"She doesn't hate you." Dom was leaning up against the hallway wall beside me with his arms folded over his chest. "She's just protective over Bella."

"Yeah, but she acts like I'm going to do something." I sighed. "She acts like this is all my fault."

"In a way, it kind of is." Dom shrugged.

"You're not helping." I glared at him and walked down the hallway, heading towards the kitchen.

"Look, it's not your fault that she ended up having a shitty pregnancy, but she wanted to have a kid with the guy she loves. Just like you." Dom tried to reason with me.

"But now I'm the one getting blamed for her shitty pregnancy." I placed my hands on my stomach and smiled slightly when Eli kicked my palm.

"Maybe Eli is more human than vamp. Maybe that's why you're so normal looking." Dom pointed out. "Maybe her daughter is just a pure vamp."

"She's having a girl?" I felt my eyes water.

"She didn't tell you." His face fell as I shook my head.

"She didn't even tell me she was pregnant," I mumbled. I felt Eli kick my palm again as Jasper strolled into the room.

"I sensed a damsel in distress." He stated as he came over to my side.

"Not distressed, I'm just a mess." I wiped my face and smiled sadly up at him.

"Either way, I'm here." He assured me.

"Where's Emmett?" Dominic asked as he glanced around.

"Who knows." I shrugged.

"Shouldn't you know?" Dom questioned.

"Probably." I dismissed him and walked to the backdoor. "Sometimes I forget just how peaceful it is here."

"Even with two pregnant humans who currently aren't speaking to each other or the males who got them pregnant?" Dom was starting to get on my nerves.

"You're irritating." I rolled my eyes when he just shrugged.

"I get that a lot." I squinted my eyes as I noticed a figure trudging through the trees, headed towards the house.

"Who's that?" Jasper looked to see what I pointing at and shook his head.

"Your sister's favorite Wolfie." Dom chuckled. "She won't let him leave, not that he'd want to."

"He stays here?"

"Unfortunately." Dom scoffed. "He roams around stinking up the place but we can't kill him because it'd break Bella's, poor little heart."

"Does everything you say have to be sarcastic?"

"It's my only defense." Dom defended himself.

"You're a vampire." I deadpanned.

"Your point?" He rose his eyebrows at me, his hazel eyes twinkling with mischief.

"You're unbelievable." I shook my head.

"I get that a lot." He replied. I opened the door and stepped outside just as Jake approached the deck. He stopped once he noticed me and looked at me in shock.

"You're so small." That was the first thing he said to me. I chuckled as he gaped at my baby bump.

"Would you rather me be bloated?"

"No, it's just Bella's so huge and you're not." He corrected.

"Are we going to talk about my smallness or are you going to give me a hug?" I chuckled and opened my arms. He stepped towards me and wrapped his large arms around me. "It's good to see you, Jake."

"You too Clary." He chuckled and pulled away from our hug. "How was your trip?"

"It was fun." I smiled. "How're things going for you?"

"As okay as they can be." He sighed and ran his hand through his dark locks.

"How're the boys?"

"We don't talk." He let out a deep breath as we sat on the stairs of the deck.

"I heard." I gave him a small smile. "I'm sorry Jake."

"For what? It's not like it's your fault." He wrapped an arm around me.

"She wanted to get pregnant because of me. If I hadn't gotten pregnant, none of us would be in this situation."

"Hey, it's not on you. She's old enough to make her own decisions, even if they're dumb ones." We both laughed. "Are you going to be staying here?"

"No, it's too awkward. I'm staying with my Dad." He nodded. "Did you ever think that our lives would turn out this way?"

"Never." He shook his head. "If you told me two years ago that you'd be having a vampire baby and that I'd be a werewolf, I'd probably assume you were high."

"It's so crazy." I chuckled. "Lot can happen in two years."

"Yeah." He sighed. "But I'll always be on your side Clary, that'll never change."

"Thanks, Jake." I smiled at him. "With all that's going on, I'll need some people on my side."

"Girl, what am I? Chopped werewolf?" Dom strolled outside, ruining the moment. "See what I did there?" He laughed at his joke while Jake and I glared at him. "No but seriously, I'm on your side too. Also, Esme's ready to take you home." I stood up and gave Jake another hug before walking inside with Dominic.

"So have you decided on who's being the godfather?" Dom asked me as we walked to the garage together. "I mean you're not naming him after me, so I should at least be godfather."

"Do you ever stop talking?"

"No." He answered truthfully.

We got into the car with Esme and I smiled at her as we drove away from the house. In the rearview mirror, I could see Emmett standing in the road staring at the car as it drove away, but I didn't stop Esme. We still needed our space and it was clear that he wasn't ready. I was starting to doubt that he would ever be.

We pulled up in front of Dad's house and as soon as I stepped out of the car, he was barreling out of the house. I felt his arms wrap around me as he lifted me off of the ground.

"Hi, Dad." I smiled and cherished the moment.

"You're never leaving me again." He ordered as he set me down on my feet.

"Never again," I promised, and let him wrap his arms around me again. It felt good to be home.