eighty three

casting for Caleb
& Gianna

casting for Caleb & Gianna

————————

————————

"Okay, so I have our bags ready." I handed them over to Emmett. "I only packed for a few days. Well for us anyway. I packed a lot for Eli."

"Thanks, babe." He set out duffel bags down by the door and he followed me into the kitchen where the rest of the family was gathered. I grabbed Eli's lunchbox from the refrigerator and set it on the counter. I could hear Esme chatting with Carlisle quietly and I watched as Rosalie and Dom flitted around the room, packing last-minute items. "We won't be gone that long."

"Does your friend even know we're coming?" I asked him. I picked up an apple and bit into it, rolling my eyes as he shook his head.

"I would've called him but he's not exactly tech savvy." He smirked. "He's old-fashioned."

"Old fashioned or just old?" I joked.

"Both." He chuckled. I took another bite of my apple and he lifted me and set me on the counter. Esme gave me a teasing smile and I blushed and awkwardly slid down. Emmett puckered his lips into a small pout and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Later babe." He perked up and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, instead, blushing when Esme winked at me.

"Sam's here," Jacob said abruptly. We all turned to look at him and as we looked past him, we could see Sam's large body walking up to the house. We all went outside to meet him and Carlisle greeted him warily.

"This is for you." Sam's voice was raspy as he spoke and I could see him shift uncomfortably. This place was the last place he wanted to be. I shuffled closer to Emmett as Carlisle read the paper, a cool breeze making me shiver. "Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night."

"Carlisle?" Esme asked in her usual soft tone.

"They've left us." He answered her unspoken question. I gasped and looked up at Emmett.