six

It was volleyball day again, and just like last week, Bella and I were on separate teams. They included the boys this time though, which meant I was on the same team as Emmett. Needless to say, it was an interesting gym class. I was positioned in the middle and Emmett was coincidentally behind me. I didn't let him distract me, not even when I saw his muscles bulging through the thin grey fabric that our gym shirts were made out of. Every time he served, his biceps flexed but I'd quickly look away to avoid getting further distracted.

Emmett and Edward proved to be very competitive with each other and throughout the mini-game, they were both scoring like crazy. I of course helped contribute to the scoreboard and there was even a brief moment when Emmett had lifted me in the air so I could reach the ball, feeling goosebumps form on my skin at his cold touch. He quickly apologized right afterward but I shrugged his cold temperature off and continued with the game. In the end, my team won. Which earned a lot of taunting from Emmett towards Edward.

Gym class had never been more entertaining.

=

"I want no part in this!" Bella quickly excused herself from the conversation about Mike's upcoming snowball war. I, still being slightly sick, backed out too.

"But guys, it'll be fun." He tried to reason.

"I'm still sick, so I'll see you guys later." I walked towards my locker to grab my extra sketch pad for my homework.

School had ended and everyone was excited to go play in the snow while I was dreading walking in it just to get to Bella's truck. While trying to shove my sketch pad into my backpack, I dropped the entire bag and the contents inside spilled onto the floor by my feet. "Great," I grumbled and bent down to shove everything back inside the bag.

"Here you go." I glanced up and saw Emmett crouching beside me and holding out my books to me. I grabbed them from him and stood up to shove them into my locker. He picked up the rest of my things and placed them inside my discarded bag before handing it to me.

"Thank you." I smile slightly at him. I placed my backpack around my shoulders and closed my locker. I look away from him and turn to a yelling crowd of students who had just come in from playing in the snow. They were shaking their coats and beanies free of the flakes and I was hit with a few drops of cold water as they passed. "Nice." I wiped the droplets away with my hand.

"Don't like the snow?" Emmett asked. I turned to him, surprised that he was still next to me.

"I do just not when I'm sick," I told him, feeling my nose begin to itch, the urge to sneeze being strong.

"Is that why you weren't here yesterday?" He already knew the answer but he still asked the question.

"Yeah and now I have homework from yesterday to complete because of it." I groaned. "Plus I have to meet up with your brother for the art project." I began to slowly walk away from my locker towards the front doors of the school. I could hear Emmett's footsteps beside me so I knew he was walking with me - which I hoped he would do.

"You're his partner?" He asked. I could hear the surprise in his voice so I knew Jasper had withheld this information from him.

"Yeah, I am," I confirmed. We made it to the doors and I could see everyone laughing and enjoying themselves in the snow. I cringed at the thought of trying to dodge them as I walked to the truck. It wasn't something I wanted to do, especially in my hoodie. I wished I hadn't left my jacket in Bella's truck.

"You okay?" I didn't turn to him as I answered his question.

"Yeah, just trying to figure out the quickest and easiest way to get to the truck without getting hit by a snowball." I scanned the area but I couldn't find a path.