nineteen

"You spied on me?!" I whisper yelled at Emmett. We were sitting on my bed just talking to each other about random things and then he asked why I didn't wear my glasses in public and then I asked how he knew about my glasses and I sure as hell wasn't expecting the answer he gave me.

"Well, when you say it like that it sounds creepy." He rolled his eyes and leaned against my wooden headboard.

"Emmett it sounds creepy any way you word it." I scoffed and whacked him with my pillow.

"Oh, so it's creepy when I do it but 'beautiful and mysterious' when Edward does it." He spoke sarcastically.

"He spied on me too?!" I whacked him again. He grimaced and sighed heavily at me.

"No, he spied on Bella." He explained slowly as if I were dumb and couldn't comprehend his words. I whacked him again and leaped off of my bed. "Where are you going?" I ignored him and opened my door and marched over to Bella's.

"I need sister time," I spoke as I opened the door. Edward smirked at me before he squeezed Bella's hand that he had been holding and blurred out of the room. I closed and locked Bella's door before plopping down beside her on her bed.

"What's wrong?" She asked. She ran her fingers through my hair as I switched positions and laid my head on her lap.

"I miss mom," I admitted. It was the truth. After my few conversations with Esme, I found myself craving that motherly affection.

"Me too." She sighed softly. I could hear the sadness in Bella's voice and I knew that while I had time with Esme, she had no one. Not even me. "I miss you too." She sighed again.

"It's like we never see each other anymore," I spoke softly. Her fingers continued to play with my hair and I couldn't help but be reminded of all the times when we were kids that we'd just talk and talk about nothing in particular.

"Exactly." She agreed with me. We both knew why. We were so caught up in our boyfriends and school that it didn't leave any time for sister time.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Me too." She forgave me.

We heard a soft knock on the door and we both glanced over at it as Dad poked his head in. He had a small smile on his face as he took in what we were doing. "Goodnight girls."

"Night Dad." We both replied. He gave us a small smile before closing the door and going to bed. We listened intently as the creaking floors ceased and we knew that Dad was in bed.

"Well, I'm going to sleep also," I said. I sat up and kissed Bella's cheek before heading towards her door. "Oh, and Bells," She looked over at me. "You might want to change your shirt. There's a hole next to your nipple." I grinned as she looked down and gasped. I exited her room and made my way towards mine but quickly changed course and headed downstairs instead. I walked into the kitchen and switched on the light.

I jumped onto the counter and detached the phone from the wall and dialed Mom's number. It rang once before going to voicemail and I knew that she had already gone to sleep.

"Hey mom," I spoke into the phone. "I just called to see how you were doing. I miss you. And Phil too of course. Well, I'll call you again, soon. I love you, bye." I hung the phone up and put it back on the dock. I sat there swinging my legs back and forth just letting my thoughts surround me.

==

"So you both stay and spy on us at night?" I raised an eyebrow at Emmett as Edward carried Bella into the kitchen over his shoulder. Emmett chuckled and fiddled with the spoon that was on the table.