sixteen

The next morning I woke up from a dreamless sleep but I could feel a smile on my face as my eyes opened. And when I unburied my face from my pillow and unlocked my arms from under my pillow, I realized why. There lying next to me - shirtless- was my boyfriend. He was laying beside me running his fingers through my hair and he smiled at me. I gave him a closed-mouth smile, fearing he'd smell my morning breath, and he returned. Though when he smiled, his perfect teeth showed.

"Good morning." He scooted closer to me and I welcomed his touch. I placed my head on his bare chest, loving the feel of his smooth cool skin on mine. He wrapped one of his arms around me, his other tucked behind his head. "Your dad and sister already left so you don't have to get up yet." I nodded in response and I was about to reply when I remembered my nasty breath.

I let out a groan and untangled myself from him and climbed off of the bed. I looked at him and saw his smile widen as he looked me up and down. I glanced down at myself and saw I was only clad in his shirt, which draped to my knees loosely. I blushed and scurried to the bathroom. I heard him laugh as I closed the door.

I looked in the mirror and winced at my reflection. My fave had a new layer of oil on it and my hair was a ratted mess. I turned on the faucet and poured some of my face wash on my hand and cleaned my face of the unnatural shine. After my face felt clean, I quickly brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth out with mouthwash. I was relieved but then I glanced at my hair and I grimaced again. I took out my spare hairbrush from the cabinet and tried to brush through the tangled mess I called hair.

"Ouch." I winced as the brush got caught in a tangle. I quickly and roughly yanked the brush through the small ball of hair and sighed heavily. Once all of the tangles were removed, my hair was back in a messy bun on top of my head and I headed back to my room.

"You know," Emmett smirked at me as I walked into the room. I closed the door behind me and he lay on my bed just ogling me. "I was going to ask for my shirt back but it looks much better on you."

"Stop being cheesy." I rolled my eyes and walked to my closet. "Now, what is the plan for today?" I asked him as I eyed my clothes.

"You've been requested to come over." He said.

"Anything else?" I asked him as I began to mentally put an outfit together.

"Well, I have to show you something later but other than that, nope." I nodded and walked to my dresser.

After rummaging through my drawers I finally found the pair of jeans I was looking for. They were faded washed high-waisted denim blue jeans that I knew would suffice for today's activities. I tossed them onto my bed and went back to my closet. I eyed my shirts before grabbing a long-sleeved pale pink fitted crop top and tossing that next to my pants.

"You'll need a sweater," Emmett commented. I nodded again and grabbed my favorite black zip-up hoodie and tossed that to the bed too. "And shoes."

"Well, no shit Sherlock." I rolled my eyes and threw my black converse at him.

"Hey, don't throw shoes at me." He whined. I chuckled and grabbed my clothes -plus the bra that I found on my desk- and left the room. "Where are you going?" He yelled out.

"To change." I slammed the bathroom door and discarded his shirt from my body. I quickly slipped my clothes before turning to the mirror. I took my hair down and raked my fingers through it. The ends were frizzy and I didn't feel like styling it. I quickly fishtail braided it before exiting the bathroom, Emmett's shirt in my hands.

"About time." He chuckled and I threw his shirt at him in response. I sat at my desk and began to apply my makeup when I saw him watching me through the mirror. He smiled at me but didn't say anything so I looked away from him and finished.

"Are you ready now?" He asked. I turned to face him and he had scooted himself to sit at the edge of the bed while he watched me. His shirt was already on and I mentally frowned at that.

"Just about," I told him. I slid my shoes onto my feet and he handed me my sweater. I slipped that on and left it unzipped before I turned to face him. "How do I look?" I did a little twirl and he chuckled.

"Beautiful." He smiled. I beamed up at him and grabbed my phone before we walked downstairs.

"You brought your car right?" I asked him. He looked at me curiously but nodded anyway.

"Edward drove it over before he and Bella left."

"Good." That was all he got as a response. I grabbed my house keys from the hook by the door and he locked the door for me after we walked out. He slipped them into his pocket and held my hand as we walked to his Jeep.

"After you." He opened the door and gestured for me to climb in. He held out his hand and I grabbed it and used it to steady myself as I hoisted my body into his large vehicle. "Let's go." He started the engine and began to drive away from the house but I stopped him before his foot touched the pedal. "What?" He looked at me, alarmed.

"Seatbelt." I motioned to it. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"You know I'm a vampire right?"

"Doesn't matter what you are, safety first." I glared at him. He glared back before sighing dramatically and buckling himself. "Thank you." I beamed at him.

"You're lucky I love you." He mumbled at me and at that moment I could swear my heart stopped. He began to drive seeming oblivious to the words he had just said. I gaped at him before turning my gaze to the front but my shock hadn't gone away.

He loved me.

===

q & a time!

question: if you could be a part of any fictional universe, which would you choose? (I really know your answer for this one!)

my answer: the mcu, I want to be a superhero 💪🏻