two

Waking up in a new place was weird. As soon as my eyes opened I had a mild panic attack before I remembered where I was. I climbed out of bed and headed straight for the bathroom. The light was off in Bella's room so I assumed she wasn't awake yet. After doing my usual morning routine which consisted of washing my face, brushing my teeth, and emptying my bladder.

Before going back to my room, I headed downstairs for something to drink only to find Dad sitting at the table drinking a cup of coffee, already clothed in his uniform.

"Good morning." I smile at him, grabbing a glass and filling it with orange juice. I grimace at the slightly bitter taste as the orange juice clashes with the mint of the toothpaste on my tongue.

"Morning." He smiled back. "What are you doing up so early?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I wanted to have time to do my hair," I explained before taking another sip of my juice and sitting across from him at the small round table.

"Oh, wait. You mean you haven't done it yet?" He teased and pointed at my tangled blonde hair that I piled on top of my head in a messy bun.

"Oh wow, you're so funny, Dad." I rolled my eyes at him. He laughed as I got up and placed my empty glass in the sink. "I'm going to go get dressed. Bella should already be awake so she'll probably be down here soon."

"Have fun with your hair." He hollered at me as I walked away from him.

"Have fun with your face!" I shouted back. I heard his laugh echo up the stairs as Bella emerged from her bedroom.

"That doesn't make sense." She pointed out.

"Your face doesn't make sense." I stuck my tongue at her. She chuckled and shook her head at me before walking down the stairs, still clad in her pajamas.

I walked into my bedroom and stood in front of the full-length mirror nailed to the inside of the closet door. Grabbing my brush, I yank my hair out of the hair tie and brush through the tangles. Feeling content with how my hair looks naturally, I start to pick out my outfit. Considering the weather had gotten slightly warmer but it was still cold, I decided on a long-sleeved maroon shirt with a pair of black skinny jeans.

"Clary we have to leave in ten minutes," Bella announced through my bedroom door.

"I'll be down in five," I responded before quickly putting my clothes on and grabbing my pink backpack. "Good enough." I shrug and head downstairs.

"Come on Bells, don't want to be late." She slipped her jacket on and grabbed her backpack. "Bye Dad, see you later." I hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Bye girls." He waved. Bella waved back slightly and walked out of the house, me following right behind her.

"To school, we go." She muttered unhappily. I chuckled and pulled out my makeup from my backpack. I handed Bella the headband I packed for her and she slipped it into her hair. I looked into the mirror on the visor and applied my lip balm, not wanting to get chapped lips.

As we drove to school, it started to drizzle. Not enough to where it would soak our clothes but enough for us to feel it in the air. I slipped the knitted white beanie onto my blonde hair. "I don't think I have enough winter clothes."

"I think you have enough," Bella smirks at me.

"Why my dear sister you can never have enough clothes," I say in a posh British accent which has us both laughing as we finally reach the school. "Nervous?" I ask her as we unbuckle ourselves and glance around the parking lot filled with students despite how early it is.

"Definitely." She sighed as she opened her door and stepped out of the truck.

"Well, thanks for waiting for me," I mumble and open the door and step out of the truck as well. "I think your bipolarness is starting to rub off on me." I teased her as she stood beside me while I pulled down my sleeves.

"Well, I think your weirdness is starting to rub off on me." She teased back as I closed the door.

"Funny." I deadpanned and rolled my eyes at her.

"I try." She mumbled avoiding the stares people were sending our way as we walked away from the truck.

"Nice ride." A boy smirked at us as we passed by him.

"Thanks," Bella mumbled, not even glancing in his direction. I place my arm around her, the heels on my boots making me just an inch shorter than her now.

Bella and I did our best to ignore the stares as we walked to the school office to retrieve our schedules. "Let's just get this over with," Bella mumbled.