ƈɦǟքȶɛʀ ȶաօ

TW: strong language.

✷✷✷

Bip Bip. Bip Bip. Bip bi-

I smack my alarm clock. So annoying. I open my eyes and try to adjust my vision to the brightness that the sun was putting inside my room through my window. I yawn and stretch. It feels so good. I stand up and look at myself in the mirror. What a mess. I make my way to the kitchen and make my breakfast, soon sitting at the table and eating it. "Today is the day I'll regret spending 30 dollars on a game," I think to myself. I drink my warm drink and sigh happily as I feel the hot liquid make its way down my esophagus to my stomach. I stretch again before standing up and putting all my dishes in the dishwasher. I go to the bathroom and do my necessities, and do daily hygiene. I change clothes and get ready to start my Livestream. I usually go live in the morning since I work part-time in the afternoon. Today, lucky me, I didn't have work, which means that I would stay an extra time playing that game. To be honest, I wasn't interested in it. I heard it was made to show how stupid the legends of things that happened in some random restaurant were. I don't know anything about that. I didn't care. Maybe I would regret it in the future but right now, it didn't matter to me. I get my VR equipment and prepare the Livestream.

- 3... 2... - I prepare myself. I take a deep breath. - ...1.

I start the Livestream. It was already full of people, they surely were excited to see me play that stupid game.

- Good morning, everyone! And welcome back to another horror gameplay! - I say with a big smile.

The chat goes crazy. They were really happy that I had bought that VR game, Help Wanted.

- Alright, alright. Everyone calm down. - I laugh. - Are you prepared?

The chat gets full of "yes" and "of course". I internally sigh. I insert the game on my PlayStation 4. "Why didn't you buy it online?" You may ask. You know, I am the type of person that likes to show off the many games I have, so I like having a whole shelf full of game boxes just to show off. It was a big flex. I prepare the VR and put it on my face. The game loads. "Warning! This game contains flashing lights, loud noises, and lots of jumpscares!" appears. Lucky me. I move the hand controls and see two blue ghosty hands. "Pull the trigger" is written. I do it and a Steel Wool Studios logo appears. I then see the game's logo, Help Wanted, in red neon lights. I see some characters behind the logo and "Five Nights at Freddy's VR" at the top. Behind me, I see some party tables as well as another character that seems to be trying to get me. "What the fuck..." I think to myself. The pull trigger message is there again so I do it once more. A menu screen appears. "New game. Options. Credits. Exit game." Are the buttons. To be honest, I wanted to click the last option so badly, but I knew I couldn't, so I just click the new game. The game loads and then I am on some kind of a rollercoaster. I have no idea what this is. I only see a way in front of me, all around is white and there's a Fazbear Entertainment logo. Then, I hear someone saying "Welcome to the Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience! Freddy Fazbear Entertainment is excited to join the digital age and what better way to do that than with an edge-of-your-seat virtual reality experience?". The little kart I'm in keeps moving and suddenly the white wall opens, leading me to a dark room." We know that Fazbear Entertainment has developed something of a bad reputation over the last few decades, and while it's true that some stories associated with our name were loosely based on actual events, the majority of them were total fabrications from the mind of a complete lunatic..." The voice keeps babbling. I stop paying attention to what they're saying and look at the pictures that appear. There's a weird one, of a random man. Then of a pink and white bear with a blue bunny instead of one of its hands. The hell? More weird and scary pictures appear until the end of the ride. A white door appears in front of me and a screen with some kind of contract appears as well. They say I need to click the button to agree, so that's exactly what I do. The ride keeps going through a dark room and then the game finally loads. I'm in a different room. Looks like a restaurant. There are party tables, there are some star curtains, a level with a post-it saying "out of order", a screen with the menu with "FNAF 1" written, and playable scenarios with a cute white and pink bear at the top, some buttons at the bottom, one with "Prize counter" written, another with "Showtime" and the other "Replay Title", there's the said prize counter behind me as well. The voice starts talking again. "Welcome to the Freddy's Fazbear Virtual Experience. Use the console in front of you to navigate the menu and pick one of the frightening experiences available! By completing these scenarios, more will become available. You'll see plenty of familiar faces and some new ones as well! So, stay a while and have a good time. And remember... Despite the temporary horror you may experience, this is a completely controlled environment and you aren't in any real danger. Freddy Fazbear is not responsible for real danger. Please make a selection from the virtual menu." This guy is so annoying. I suddenly start hearing a deep glitch voice mumbling things. I look to my right and see a pair of purple glowing eyes looking at me.

- WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?! - I shout, scared. I was sure my audience was laughing their ass off right now but I was really frightened.

I take a deep breath and try to ignore that... Thing. I click the prize counter button and the game loads, taking me to the other side of the room. I see one of those booths of carnivals. The ones that you play a game and if you win you get a plushie. It was cute, to be honest. It wasn't scary. There are some snacks here as well. "Lemon. Chica bar" I read one of them. Alright. I see a coin at the top of the counter and grab it, then press the trigger. The coin disappears and I hear the voices of children saying "Yey~". Not weird. I click the button to return to the menu. After the game loads again, I look to my right once more but this time that thing wasn't there. "Was I hallucinating...?" I think to myself. Maybe I was so scared that I started seeing and hearing things. I shrug and click the first night on the menu screen. The game loads and I see a black screen with "Pull the trigger" written as well as the image of a button being pressed. I then press the button that was in front of me and once again the game loads. Then, I'm in a weird place. There's a static TV in front of me, a weird cupcake with eyes, a screen saying how much power is left, a fan, a telephone, a screen with buttons to change the cameras, and two doors, one on each side of me, with buttons to close them and go turn the lights on. Suddenly the phone starts ringing. I grab the phone and a guy starts explaining to me how the "job" works. As he babbles about whatever he's saying, I click the camera buttons and see that there are three weird robots on a stage at one of them. The kitchen camera was not working, only its audio was. As I click the stage camera again, I see that one of the robots was gone, the bunny one.

- Fuck. - I start panicking.

I start clicking the cameras desperately. I soon notice the chicken robot was gone as well. I look for it everywhere but I couldn't find it. The bunny one was in the dining area so it was chill. The problem was the chicken. "Maybe it was in the kitchen? Yeah, maybe." I think to myself, trying to calm down. I hear footsteps coming from the left hallway. I quickly look through the door, turning the light on, and I see the bunny robot.

- OH FUCK NO! - I quickly smack the button and close the door.

I hear footsteps in the right hall as well. I panic.

- GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU CHICK. - I shout, scared. I click the button to close the door and then turn the lights on, just to see that horror thing staring at me through the window. - LEAVE ME ALONE.

I bet my audience was loving this. Seeing someone almost have a heart attack must be very entertaining. I notice there's a digital clock in between the monitors. 4 am. "Yes!" I thank God. I just need to play a bit more. I open the left door and turn the light on. I stare into the bunny robot's red eyes, frozen. As it was getting ready to jumpscare me, I shut the door closed. I try to calm down, panting.

- Nope. I'm not opening those doors again. - I said, accepting it.

I click the light button on the right side just to see the chicken still there staring at me.

- Go away! - I yell at it, angry.

I turn to the monitor, breathing deeply. 5 am was marking on the clock. I look at the power. 10%. Alright. I can do it. I close my eyes and then I hear a different sound. Like a school bell. 6 am.

- YES! - I shout happily. - I did it!

I celebrate.

✷✷✷