ƈɦǟքȶɛʀ ʄօʊʀ

TW: strong language.

✷✷✷

- ...Who... Are... You... - the thing whispers.

I stare at it, terrified. Am I hearing things? Am I getting crazy? I blink some times, trying to understand what was happening.

- Alright... I'm hallucinating. - I say to myself, nervously laughing.

- ...Who... Are... You... - I hear again.

The thing looked at me, curious, while I looked at it horrified and scared.

- I guess that means it's time to stop playing! - I say to my audience, laughing nervously.

I say goodbye to my viewers and ended the live. I turned off my VR headset and stare at the floor, thinking about what had just happened. Before closing the game, I take a deep breath and wear my VR set again, only to be met with a yellow bunny costume with purple eyes and a purple bowtie and vest right in front of me. It was just staring closely at me like it wanted to see me and analyze me. I look at it, obviously scared of its proximity. Soon, in a blink of an eye, it disappears and goes back to its dark corner on the door. I quickly remove my VR equipment and close the game. I run to the kitchen and drink a cup of water, trying to calm myself down. What had just happened? What was that... Or even better... Who was that? I had never seen anything before. I quickly get my phone and put Mark's video playing the game.

- Alright... It's not only mine that has that... - I mumble. I watch the video, frowning. - But here... there are no whispers...

I hear the sound of footsteps. I look around, terrified. I live alone and there was no one with me. I see a shadow quickly moving in the corner of my eye so I turn to it, only to see nothing but my house, just like it always has been. Crash. I hear something breaking. I look around, trying to find what had broken and I see my cabinet's door open and a broken cup on the floor. I was sure I closed the cabinet. I quickly get my coat and put on my sneakers, rushing out of my house, scared. I walk on the street, terrified. I had forgotten my car keys in there so all I could do was walk somewhere. I open the door of the safest place I know and enter it.

- _______?! - A familiar voice asks, confused.

- Hey... - I wave at my coworker. - How are you, Robin?

- I'm doing fine but what are you doing here? It's not your shift today. - they say, confused.

- I know... I just needed to... - I think of an excuse. I couldn't say that I was hallucinating and that there probably was a ghost in my house. - ...to get some fresh air.

- Okay, I guess... - they say, unsure. - Do you want to order something?

- Uhm... Yes, please. - I order what I wanted and sat at one of the empty tables.

My head was full of questions.

What had just happened?
How did that happen?
Who was that yellow rabbit?
Why was I the only one who could hear whispers?

So many questions without answers. Robin places my order in front of me, bringing me back to reality. I thank them and watch them leave to continue working. I suddenly feel a chill running down my spine. I felt like I was being watched. I look around. Everyone was minding their business and doing their things. For a moment, that feeling stops, but unfortunately, it soon comes back, making me very uncomfortable again. I look around again and get a glance of a yellow blob in the corner of my eye. I quickly turn my head to it and see nothing.

- What the... - I mumble.

- What did you say? - Robin asks, confused, placing a plate with my favorite flavor of ice cream in front of me.