ƈɦǟքȶɛʀ ȶաɛռȶʏ ֆɛʋɛռ

TW: strong language, death, murder, blood.

What... Happened?

The faint light shined over my eyes. I could barely open them without the burning sensation making me closing them again.

Where am I...?

The room was odd. Empty, dirty, old. Probably abandoned. The only things present were the bed I was lying on, a chair, and a tray of food on the floor. The only window in the room was around three meters above the floor. A high ceiling room, I see. The door on the wall across me, made of old - rusty - iron, was closed. In this situation, I assume it's locked.

- Hello? - my voice sounded weak and desperate.

I waited for a response but deep down I already knew I was going to receive silence only.
The events from the day before were completely blurred in my mind. The last thing I could recall was stargazing with Will...
Will...?

Where is he?!

My despair made me move without even me realizing it. I banged the door, needing answers to my questions as soon as possible. "What is this place? Why am I here? Where is Will?", so many doubts. Leaning my head on the door, I finally could hear something on the other side. Steps. Footsteps. Coming closer.
I backed away. The last thing I needed was to be hit with the door.
Finally the sound of someone walking stopped, and it was substituted with noises of unlocking. Many, different types of unlocking. Whoever brought me here surely didn't want me to leave.
When the door opened - with a creaking sound that would deafen anyone easily - my whole body relaxed, relieved.

- Will. - I hugged him tight. He smelled like rust and dust. - I'm so glad you're okay. What is this place? What are we doing here? Who brought us here?

My mind was rushing with questions, one more desperate than the other. Will only stared at me, his gaze empty. His smug attitude gone.

- I'm sorry. - he let out with a heavy sigh. - This was the only way.

- What are you talking about, silly? - I chuckled.

He didn't answer. He only looked down, guilt in his gaze.
I couldn't understand what was wrong.

- I had to do it. - he mumbled out.

- Had to do what?

- Bring you here. It was the only way of making sure you wouldn't leave me. - he cried out. His eyes locked with mine, watering in regret.

- Leave? Why would I leave? - I asked, confused with what he was saying.

- That's not important right now. - he wiped his eyes. - Are you hungry?

He grabbed the tray of food and passed it to me, careful not to turn it.
Bread and a cup of water. That's what was in the tray.
Will noticed the way I was looking at the food and rubbed the back of his neck, obviously a bit disappointed.

- Sorry... There wasn't much in here. - he explained.

- Right... - I looked at him and then back at the food.

Alright. This is what we got, this is what we'll eat. I took a bite of the bread. It was dry and dense. It tasted weird. Old, perhaps. I gulped a bit of water, tap water. It was cold, yet I doubted this place had a fridge. This seemed more like a survival necessity, other than a meal.
Will just watched me, with that sad expression in his face. An expression that made me both worried and uncomfortable.