Morning After

The alarm on my phone goes off around nine and I reach over to turn it off but Asher's heavy arm is weighing me down "Turn it off" he pouts and I laugh. I manage to reach for it and turn it off, then he rolls over, away from me.

I slide out of bed and walk down the hall to the bathroom. I splash water on my face and when I step out Greyson opens his bedroom door "Hey" I say and he stares at me with concern.

"Is that Asher's shirt?" He looks me up and down which only makes me feel even more awkward.

"Yeah, I slept in his room" his expression remains neutral but I see a hint of something else in his eyes.

"Thought you weren't a puck bunny" he says with a straight face and I'm shocked.

"I'm not, and it's none of your damn business Greyson" I walk past him before the tears start falling.

"Saylor wait..." I wipe my eyes and turn around to face him.

"What? What else do you want to say?" I sigh.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I know you're not like that and you're right, it's none of my business"

"If we're supposed to be friends, you need to stop being so judgmental okay? Because I'm not going to judge your choices" he nods in agreement.

"Fair enough, just be careful. I know you're not some innocent little girl, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't keep your guard up" it makes me happy that he cares.

"I know" his eyes go down to my arms and I quickly cross them against my chest and he doesn't say anything.

I walk back into Asher's room and grab my clothes and get dressed. He wakes up and stares at me "Trying to sneak out I see" I laugh and shake my head.

"No, I was going to wake you up" he walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Good, I had fun last night" he kisses my cheek and steps back, putting a shirt and shorts on.

"Me too... but I'm also not going to think too much into this" I gesture between us and he gives me a quizzical look.

"What do you mean?" I start to braid my hair.

"I mean we had some fun but I don't want to mess up our friendship" he laughs and smiles wide.

"I'm happy we're on the same page. Because I'm not the settling down kind of guy"

"I'm happy we are too, and I can tell" the last part is sarcastic, and he smacks my butt then runs out of the room like a child.

I finish my hair and head down stairs to the kitchen. Greyson's eating cereal at the counter, Kallan's making eggs and Ash is pouring himself some coffee "Want a cup?" I nod and he hands me the one he just poured.

He hands me creamer and I take a seat next to Greyson. I don't know why, but I feel some tension in the air and I can't tell if it's between me and them or just the guys. Asher leans against the counter and looks back and forth between Kallan and Greyson.

"Okay what the fuck is the issue?" He finally asks and I choke on my coffee.

Greyson looks at me like I threw up on his shoes "Nothing" he says and looks away but Kallan turns around.

"Alright fuck it, if Cap isn't going to say it I will. You..." he points at Asher "and you..." then points to me "Fooled around last night and we don't want that to mess up the dynamic" I let out a breath.

"Seriously? We're all fucking adults here. Like literally her and I just had this talk, it's just fun, don't get your panties in a bunch" I feel bad because Asher seems genuinely frustrated.