Meeting Her

The week passes by quickly, I spend majority of it studying for mid terms that I have next week. I turned in two essays and a report. Thursday after my last class of the week I hurried to my dorm to finally relax. Asher came over after not seeing each other and we fooled around and watched movies.

I spend Friday working out and running errands. I buy decorations for my dorm finally. Then I spend the afternoon rearranging and hanging everything up. Once I'm done, I'm famished so I head to the cafeteria for some lunch. I decide to eat in there today so I find a table in the back and I put my air pods in.

The doors swing open and I look up to see Greyson holding hands with a stunning Blonde; Gina. He has a smile on his face and she's laughing about something. They don't notice me, so I continue to watch them and how perfect they look together.

They order their food and Greyson glances around and our eyes meet. His face remains neutral and so does mine, because I don't know what to think or how to feel. He looks away and then my worst nightmare comes true, he leads her right over to me.

I pull out my headphones and brace myself for however this is going to turn out "Hey Saylor" he says cheerfully.

"Hi Greyson" she smiles at me.

"Say, this is Gina, Gina this is Saylor. I've told you about her and how her and Asher are together now" her eyes widen in realization.

"Oh my god, yeah it's nice to finally meet you!" She says sounding overly friendly.

"Same, I've heard a lot about you too. Um, you can both join me if you want?" He pulls out a chair for her and they each take a seat.

"So tell me more about yourself and Asher. He's always been such a playboy, I'm so impressed someone was able to tie him down" I laugh.

I tell her a little about us and then ask about her and Greyson. She tells me all about how they met and etc. he just sits there silently with a look on his face. She asks about school and my family, I don't say much but give her enough and she does the same.

"Are you going to the game tonight? Wait of course you are, to see Asher. Want to sit together?" I smile.

"Yeah that would be great" she looks genuinely excited and I realize that she's really nice.

We all finish eating "Meet me in the lobby at seven?" I nod.

"Perfect" we all stand and go our separate ways, I glance back and see them hand in hand. My heart aches all over again and the disappointment sets in.

I walk back to my dorm and read until it's time to get ready. Around six I put on some makeup, curl my hair. I put on a grey long sleeve and Asher's jersey over it. I pair it with black skinny jeans and high top converse. I grab my purse and coat, then start walking to the arena.

When I walk inside I see a familiar blonde looking at her phone, so I walk over "Gina" she looks up and smiles.

"Hey girly" she locks arms with me and we walk over to grab a good seat.

Luckily we're a little early so we sit right behind the glass and get the perfect view of the ice. I take my coat off and she does the same, she's wearing Greyson's and now it makes sense why he didn't offer it to me.

"I'm so happy one of the boys finally has a girlfriend, it's nice not being the only one"

"I can totally understand that, they're all a lot..." she laughs.

"Seriously, you have such beautiful eyes by the way" I feel my cheeks flush.

"Thank you, that's sweet" we continue talking about random things and the guilt really settles in.