A Shift

I wake up the next morning and roll over to an empty side. I open my eyes and look around, but Greyson's MIA. I roll onto my back and sigh, then reach for my phone to see that it's only nine. I push the covers off of me and throw my messy hair into a bun. I ignore the fact that I'm not wearing pants and go down stairs.

I smell bacon, and when I walk into the kitchen I see Kallan and Greyson in the middle of making breakfast. I walk up behind them and reach between their shoulders to get a coffee mug out of the cabinet. They're both startled "Morning" Greyson finally says.

"Morning" I grab the mug and walk over to pour myself a cup of coffee.

"How'd you sleep?" Kallan asks.

"Okay" Is all I say feeling a little uneasy.

I walk over to the counter and take a seat, a minute later a half asleep Asher walks in. After what he said last night, I don't know how to act around him. I sip on my coffee and everyone's quiet as Kallan and Greyson continue cooking.

Asher walks over and sits a stool over from me. He sips on his coffee and scrolls through his phone "Asher..." I tread lightly.

He slowly looks up at me "Yeah?" His tone is sharp.

"Can we talk?" He nods.

"Yeah" he stands and I follow him into the living room, Greyson watches from afar.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..."

"To hurt me? Well you fucking did" his tone is so emotional and it kills me inside.

"After I saw you with that girl, I got pissed and you were so mean to me I wanted to hurt you" I say shamefully.

"I told you we didn't do anything Say... and you still went and slept with Greyson" god it sounds awful.

"I know" I'm not sure what to say at this point.

He stares into my eyes "Look I know I fucked up okay? And I'm sorry, I'm so fucking tired of this. I care about you and I don't know what to do, because he's my best friend... who you clearly have feelings for"

"I don't know what to do either...none of this should have happened" I say regretfully.

He looks at me angrily "What? Are you serious Saylor?" My hearts racing and I feel like all I'm doing is making everything worse.

"It feels like a mistake Ash" he shakes his head.

"Being with me was a mistake? Is that what you're saying?"

"Yeah, I guess so" he walks off and slams the front door behind him.

He slams it so hard the walls shake and I jump. Greyson walks over to check on me "What happened?" I turn into his chest and start crying.

He wraps his arms around me "Shh.. it's okay he'll come around" I pull away and wipe my eyes.

"I told him this was a mistake" he looks at me confused.

"What do you mean?" His tone gets more serious.

"Everything, me and him... sleeping with you. It all was because all it did was mess everything up"

He takes a step back "I think the only mistake was us befriending you" he walks away after that.

I go after him "Greyson!" He keeps walking and I catch up and grab his shoulder "Greyson!" he turns around and Kallan is standing behind the counter watching us.

"Leave Saylor" he stern.

"No, you don't get to just walk away from me after saying something like that" my tone changes as well.