Thursday

I'm getting ready for my date with Chace tonight. My neighbor Eleanor who is a middle aged woman from England is watching Fey tonight. Eleanor is like the mom I never had, she has no kids of her own and has take Fey and I under her wing. She watches Fey all of the time and I repay her by helping her with chores and cooking dinner for all of us.

He's picking me up at seven and it's six forty five. I just finished curling the ends up my hair and putting on some lipstick, I smack my lips together and spray some perfume. I decided to go with my favorite deep red, skinny strap dress that hugs all my curves. It's a little revealing on my chest but oh well, he'll love it.

I rush around cleaning my apartment just in case he wants to come inside later. Fey is sleeping at Eleanor's just in case and I'm not saying I put out on the first date, but I'm also not saying I won't. At five past seven there's a knock on the door and I rush over to answer "You look stunning" he says with a grin and my cheeks flush.

"Thank you" I grab my coat and purse, then follow him out.

He opens the passenger side door for me and I slide onto the leather seats. He walks around to the driver's side and gets in "Where are we going?" I ask as I buckle myself.

"This amazing Italian spot in Little Italy" my stomach immediately growls and we both laugh.

As we zip through the city I stare out at all of the sky scrapers. We talk about our week and things that have been going on at work. We I hum along to a few songs on the radio and he asks me about Fey. Eventually we pull up to a swanky restaurant, the valet opens our doors and takes his keys.

Chace opens the door for me and the delicious aroma makes my mouth water. He approaches the hostess and we are seated immediately at small booth in the back. I take my coat off as the waitress sets down our menus and Chace orders us a nice bottle of red wine. I skim over the menu and everything looks amazing.

"You look absolutely stunning tonight Saylor, I'm happy you wanted to come out"

"Thank you, and I'm happy you invited me" he smiles and I feel the butterflies in my stomach.

We continue talking about random things and eventually our wine is dropped off and he puts in a couple appetizers. I ask about his family and college life, we have more in common with our parents than I had imagined. When he asks about mine I don't get too deep but let him know the surface level details.

He asks about Asher and Greyson because I've talked about them before. He's aware of my co parenting and relationship with Asher, it doesn't seem to bother or intimidate him which is nice.

"What do you do for fun besides be an amazing mom?" My cheeks flush.

"I love reading, going on walks all over the city, writing, working out, drinking... nothing to exciting" I say with a smirk.

"That's something I really like about you... you're easy going. You don't need fancy dinners and shopping sprees to make you happy. You appreciate the little things"

"Because in the end it's the little things that matter the most" he smiles.

"Agreed, you're going to have to introduce me to your daughter sometime. I would love to meet her" I smile in return but something in me says no.

Our appetizers arrive and devour the calamari and claims. Not long later our dinner is dropped off and we dive right in. Everything is so delicious, the spices and seasoning all make the most amazing flavors. I got the lobster ravioli and he got chicken parmigiana. We laugh, drink and talk some more and then he insists on paying the bill.

We walk around for a little afterwards, and he slides his hand, in mine and intertwines our fingers. We grab ice cream and sit at a bench in the park listening to these two guys play the trombone and saxophone. Other people watch and some even start dancing. He tells me more about the company and long he's worked for them.