Thanksgiving

We ended up having to cancel our Friendsgiving and fly out to New York to spend Thanksgiving with Greyson's family. They are out of the country this year on business, for Christmas so we swapped holidays. I was definitely bummed, because of all the food I bought but our friends with make good use of it all.

We've been at his parents vacation house in the Hamptons for a couple days now. I was fine on the flight but the second landed my anxiety consumed me. I've only ever met a significant other's parents one time and that was with Paxton, and I had already known them.

Greyson's mom, Diana was super sweet and welcoming. She gave us each a big bear hug and was so warm, asking me a million questions about my life and school. She's so different than I had imagined but then again Greyson never spoke poorly about her.

His dad, Kevin was a whole other thing. He was the ice king just like my father with the coldest state and zero emotion behind is icy blue eyes. It almost seemed like he was bothered that I was here and his empty hand shake he have Greyson explained a lot. Our first day we spent at the beach with his mom, and then she took us to lunch in town while his father worked in his office all day.

So far, this morning has been nice. We both woke up an hour ago and there's a chef making a beautiful breakfast spread while we sip on our coffees on the patio, staring out at the ocean. His father is in his office again and I wonder if it's going to be like this the whole time.

I explored the beach beach house yesterday with Greyson with it's huge, open lay out and giant wrap around porch. There's five bedrooms each with their own bathroom attached. Two offices, an outdoor kitchen and bar, along with a game room and movie theater. The house is incredible and has the most beautiful view of the beach. His two older brother's Jayce and Hunter are coming tonight.

Jayce is newly married, and I'm excited to meet his wife Ivy who Greyson has spoken so highly of. Hunter is single and from what I heard reminds me a lot of Asher with his party boy/bachelor ways. I pull my phone out and snap a bunch of pictures and send them to Lo. I've basically sent her a million pictures of videos since we got her because of how unbelievable it is.

I grew up in a wealthy family but my parents didn't vacation with me or take me to fancy get aways like this. I wouldn't be surprised if they owned five houses like this all over the world but the one I ever remember is our house in Lake Tahoe. We would go there for Christmas sometimes or New Years and it was some of the best times playing in the snow and drinking hot coco. They probably brought me other beautiful place when I was much younger and I just don't remember.

"What are you thinking about?" Greysons asks.

"How I never want to leave this place" he smiles.

"The beach life suits you... you're all tan and freckly after just one day" he boops the tip of my nose and I playfully swat his hand away.

"I tan easily and you're one to talk look at that red neck of yours" we both laugh.

"I'll remember to put on more sun screen because this fucking hurts" I smile and sip my coffee.

"Thank you for bringing me Grey, I love it and your mom is so sweet" he looks out into the water and his half smiles, but it never reaches his eyes and I wonder what he's thinking.

"I couldn't imagine being here with anyone else Princess. Yeah my mom's great..." he leaves it open ended and takes a gulp of his coffee.

There's more behind his words than he leads on, and I can't help but think that I'm missing something. I can tell his parents aren't perfect, his dad has like zero feelings but his mom seems mostly happy. It's obvious that the boys are her life by the way she lit up when she saw Greyson and all the pictures of them that are hung around the house.