Yes?

It's Cassius and mines three year anniversary which is insane when I really think about it. Three. Years we have been together for three years now. Fey and Jack are seven, they started second grade a few months ago at this elementary school near our house. Yes I said house, because six months ago we jumped the gun and bought a beautiful four bedroom house just outside of the city. I don't think I've ever done things 'traditionally' or whatever.

And he doesn't seem to mind it either, so we created a home for ourselves and our kids. They love the backyard, it's huge and they have a trampoline and a play ground to run around on. They keep begging for a puppy but that's the last thing on my mind right now.

Cassius has been traveling a lot because of the hockey season, so juggling work and both the kids has been a little hectic. Luckily Jack goes with his mom the same days Fey is with Asher, so it gives me some 'me' time and a chance to get ahead on some of the new projects I've been working on.

Cassius comes home tonight after being on the road for weeks. I've been counting down the days since he left, and both the kids are with their parents so we can celebrate our anniversary. I've been cleaning the house all morning, and had to run a bunch of errands. He told me to be ready by seven, and to dress 'nice' like what does that mean?

I shower, shave and start putting on makeup. I decide to curl my hair and then figure out what to wear. I figure if I have a time crunch I'll have to make a decision on something. I play music and dance around as I get ready, my phone buzzes and it's a call from Lo. I turn the music off and put her on speaker.

"Hey girly" I say cheerfully.

"Hey what are you up to?"

"I'm getting ready, Cass comes home tonight and it's our anniversary. Apparently he has some surprise for me"

"How sweet, he was texting me a couple days ago about gift ideas you know..."

"Really?! Well I'm glad he reached out"

"I pointed him in the right direction don't worry" I laugh.

"I trust you, I miss you please come visit soon"

"I will, I promise. Kallan keeps saying the same shit so we'll plan something soon okay?"

"You better"

"Alright I have to get going, but I love you! Happy anniversary and you best tell me what he gets you"

"Oh I will, love you too... bye" we hang up as I finish my lipstick.

I walk into the bedroom and go through my closet. Over the years I've bought more and more dresses, the older I'm getting the more I enjoy dressing up and getting ready. I look through my dresses and finally decide on a black long sleeve, fitted mini dress. The cut on the chest is tasteful but still shoes off a little bit of my assets.

I pull it off the hanger and slide into it. I take a look in the mirror before a final decision and end up loving the way it hugs me curves. I grab a pair of black strappy heels and sit on the bed to put them on, then I put on the necklace he got me last year and some perfume. I also grab my black coat and clutch then head into the kitchen.

It's six forty five, so I pour myself a glass of wine and sit at the counter and wait. I scroll through social media and then set my phone down and look around the house, I smile proudly to myself. I can't believe I'm sitting here, in the kitchen of my house... our house. I always imagined this but never thought it would happen so soon.

So much has happened since college that it's hard to wrap my head around it all. Around the eighteen year old broken girl that walked onto the Harvard campus with no idea what was in store for her. I was broken, lost and desperately needed a fresh start and I was lucky enough to find that. I sip on my wine and think about Greyson who crosses my mind often.