2. Platform Nine and Three Quarters

Hello, so this chapter has been amended and updated, so the comments may be a bit mismatched.

I will also be doing a song or songs for each chapter.

Hope you enjoy <3

Song: Mad World (Michael Andrews)

t.w home invasion / blood / mention of death.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Platform Nine
and
Three Quarters

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

February 16th 1965

She  had been tossing and turning for what seemed like hours now, trying with every inch of her body to fall asleep but something wasn't letting her. Something was forcing her to stay wide awake. Squeezing her eyes tightly shut, she tried one more time to let sleep take over her body, but nothing. She had never really had any trouble sleeping before, as soon as her head hit the pillow she was usually flat out, other than on Christmas and her Birthday of course, but most people were far too excited to sleep on those days anyway, so that was normal. This feeling was not.

After another failed attempt, she gave in and opened her eyes. On the other side of the room her brother, Atlas, was fast asleep in his own bed, snoring away without a care in the world. The sounds escaping his lips seemed to grow louder and louder the harder she tried to fall asleep.

She and Atlas were spending the weekend at their fathers house. This didn't happen very often, maybe because their mother still held some sort of grudge against him for leaving them, but when it did happen, she thoroughly enjoyed it. They spent their days chasing the other around the overly large garden and surrounding woods, whilst their evenings were spent gathered around the stone fireplace, wrapped in blankets, listening to their father tell stories and sipping on cup after cup of hot chocolate.

Slowly pushing the duvet towards the bottom of her bed, Slowly pushing the duvet towards the bottom of her bed, she swung her legs over the edge and gently stepped onto the cold hardwood floor. After pausing momentarily to ensure she hadn't awoken her brother, she softly tiptoed towards the bedroom door. Opening the heavy, wooden door only enough to squeeze through the gap, she stepped out into the hallway.

The air was cold. The air was cold. A lot colder than it had been inside the bedroom, almost as if there was a window or door cracked open somewhere within the house. It wasn't fully dark yet, close, but not quite there. The sun was still setting outside the stained glass window at the far end of the hallway. For a moment she closed her eyes, allowing time for them to adjust to the light before reopening them again.

There was a man, standing a few feet away from her. He wasn't doing anything, just standing there, like he was waiting for someone or something. For some reason, he seemed awfully familiar to her, she could have been wrong but she swore she'd seen him hovering around the grounds of their cottage over the weekend.

Her father  had approached him a number of times over the duration of their short trip. It would always end in shouting and then the man would disappear for a while before reappearing again a few hours later. She never heard their full conversation, her fathers wife, Hope , would always keep them at a distance, but occasionally she would hear snippets. There had been talk of some sort of ministry act passing, something about it not being safe at this time of the month and signing some register.