9. Golden Boy

Hellloooo, so it's been a few days since the last update, I'm so sorry.

Here we have a little James pov for you all. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did <3

Song: Golden (Harry Styles)

t.w sickness / bullying

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Golden Boy

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

October 4th 1971, Monday.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Slowly fluttering his eyes open, James reached across his bedside table, patting around in an attempt to turn off the obnoxious blaring of his alarm.

Finding his glasses, he grabbed the circular frames, placing them on his face. As his vision became less blurred, he glanced around the room. His friends were all still fast asleep, he wasn't that surprised. It was only five thirty in the morning and the sun hadn't even risen yet.

Pete was snoring away rather loudly in the bed next to him. In any other circumstance he would probably complain about this, but with the hours he's been accidentally waking them all up these past couple of weeks, he wouldn't really have a leg to stand on.

Remus was also fast asleep, except he was kind of whimpering softly. James had noticed he did this quite a lot when he was sleeping, as if having the same bad dream over and over again.

He wanted to run over to him, grab him and tell him he was okay, comfort him any way he could, but Sirius had made him promise not to mention it. They didn't want to bring it up and potentially embarrass their friend. He had only just started to become comfortable around them, the last thing they wanted was for him to close himself off again.

Sirius was sleeping soundly, no noise or movement at all coming from his direction. He was pretty much still in the exact same position that he had fallen asleep in.

It wasn't unusual for James to be awake before everyone else, he enjoyed getting up early and going down to the quidditch pitches before breakfast. Tryouts for the team were later on that evening and he wanted to be at the top of his game.

Grabbing the pillow behind his head, he flung it in the direction of Sirius' bed. This earned a groan in complaint from his friend.

"Piss off" Sirius mumbled, rolling over and burying himself deeper under the covers.

"Come on. It's tryouts tonight, gotta get one last practice in"

"This is so pointless. First years never make the team and I need my beauty sleep" Sirius replied, opening his eyes and glaring over at James.

"You? Beauty sleep?" James grinned, pushing the duvet off himself and towards the end of his bed. "You couldn't possibly get any more beautiful if you tried"

"Correct answer" Sirius chuckled, rolling over in his bed again he reluctantly sat up "alright, you won me over! Let' go"

"Will you two please shut up, there's still people trying to sleep here" Peter groaned in annoyance.

Grabbing the pillow that James had just thrown at him, Sirius tossed it in the direction of Peter hitting him on the head. Throwing a middle finger up in the direction of the two of them, Peter grabbed the duvet pulling it over his head.