30. Quidditch Tryouts

Helloooo,

Our Queen finally makes the team, wooohoo. Can not wait for the house Quidditch Rivalry to come in the future.

Thank you to my love @itsqueennik for her help with this chapter, she has a great Fred fic and also a spin off for Cosette, so go check it out.

Hope you enjoy <3

Song: Believer (Imagine Dragons)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Quidditch Tryouts

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

October 2nd 1972, Monday.

Astra was barely awake as she walked the halls that morning. She, Regulus and Daphne had stayed up all night discussing techniques and tactics - something they had been doing a lot of recently as the day of Quidditch tryouts finally arrived.

The three young Slytherin's were determined to make the team.

They had spent every morning and evening the past week practicing in some way. Whether it be out on the pitch or buried beneath mounds of Quidditch books, nothing was going to stop them.

At the start of the school year, Astra spent a lot of time with James attempting to improve her chaser skills. That soon changed however, after the rude comments he had made about her only a week earlier.

It was these comments that led Astra to the decision to no longer speak to the brunette boy - at least not until she decided he had redeemed himself.

Lacking James' expertise, a fellow Slytherin had stepped up to fill his place for the final week before tryouts. Theodore Nott.

Theo was a fourth year chaser, also newly appointed team captain, much to Narcissa Black's dismay. He and Ivy - after her failed year of pining after the older boy - were now seemingly friends, so Theo was more than happy to help.

It wasn't that Theo was a bad teacher, he was captain for a reason after all, but he wasn't James. As much as she hated to admit it, Potter was undeniably the most talented player at the school and having him as a mentor was an advantage not many had. Even Daphne and Theo - who were not shy to admit they disliked the Gryffindor boy - admitted that he was something of a Quidditch prodigy.

Struggling to stray her thoughts away from thinking of the brunette boy, Astra attempted to immerse herself into the conversation Ivy and Daphne were having upon entering their first class of the day.

Unfortunately, she wasn't able to stay focused on her friends for long as the familiar sound of James' laugh echoed loudly throughout the potions classroom, her eyes instantly scanning the room to find the source.

No.

Astra internally scolded herself.

She was not doing that.

James Potter was not going to become the first person she looked for when entering a room. He's obnoxious, loud, infuriating and most of all, he hated her.

He had said it himself. James found her annoying and he wished she and Sirius were not friends. It would be easier for James if Astra was not around as much as she was.

These words hurt her more than she dared to admit. The past week she had been more careful with how she acted, making sure she wasn't too loud or too weird or annoying in general. If that was what people said about her when she wasn't around, she wanted to change the way she was perceived.