35. Changes

Hello loves,

Sorry for the delay in this chapter, i've been busy crying over Stranger Things Vol2.

Anyway, here it is - hope you enjoy <3

Song:  Changes (Hayd)

t.w period (idk)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Changes

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

November 20th 1972, Monday.

Walking through the hallways on the most miserable Monday morning of the school year so far, Astra grew increasingly frustrated at the incredibly slow moving first years strolling ahead of her.

Generally speaking, things like people walking slowly wouldn't particularly bother her, she would use the extra time to admire the grand hallways or look out onto the passing courtyard. However, recent events meant she was in no mood for admiration at that current time.

The Friday just gone, Astra had the misfortune of getting her first period, and to make matters worse, it happened slap bang in the middle of Slytherin Quidditch practice.

Whoever's bright idea it was to incorporate white trousers into the uniform really screwed her over with that one.

To make matters even more worse, it was one of the team beaters, Mulciber, who just so happened to notice the small red patch forming on the back of her pants. Of course, the rather largely built boy pointed this out, his small minded brain thinking it was the most hilarious thing to ever happen.

Before even having a chance to gauge everyone's reactions, she sprinted back to the castle as quickly as her legs would carry her, cheeks painted red from embarrassment.

Daphne hadn't been at practice that evening, she and Ivy had gotten themselves detentions with Filch, so it had been the only other girl on the team, Narcissa Black, that had been sent to check up on her.

Considering Astra had barely spoken more than five words to the sixth year prefect during her time at Hogwarts, mainly due to Narcissa either leaving the room or walking the opposite direction whenever the younger girl was around, she was surprisingly nice about the whole thing.

They weren't friends - they were never going to be friends, but at that moment, Astra was incredibly grateful she didn't have to be alone.

Finally managing her way past the younger students, the raven haired girl speedily made her way into the great hall and towards her friends.

"Good morning Mini Me." Sirius grinned as she approached the Gryffindor table. "You look positively radiant this morn—"

"Shut up." Astra narrowed her eyes at Sirius, evidently in no mood for his cheeriness that morning.

"Ouch." He placed his hands dramatically over his heart in a stabbing motion. "That was mean. Is this what it feels like to be you?" Sirius glanced across the table at James. "Is this how it feels to be constantly shot down—"

"Shut up!!" James cut him off, repeating Astra's words and tossing the crust of his toast over at his friend.

"Moony." Sirius whined in a sing-song voice, his eyes fluttering across at Remus. "Tell everyone to stop being mean to me."