17. Back to Black

Here we have the long awaited Sirius chapter.

I hope I was able to do it justice.

Enjoy <3

Song: Back to Black (Amy Winehouse)

t.w physical / emotional abuse

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Back to Black

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

December 19th 1971, Sunday

Looking around the busy platform, Sirius sighed deeply. He watched as his friends reunited with their families, wide smiles spread across every one of their faces.

Peter was welcomed with attempts of loving embraces, to which he refused. He placed a single arm around his mother for a brief moment before pushing her away. This angered Sirius. It irritated him that Peter was so callous when it came to his family. Sirius would give anything to have that, and Peter completely took it for granted, simply because he was embarrassed.

Astra's mother was overjoyed to see her. The two shared a heartfelt hug that quite clearly meant a lot to the both of them. This made Sirius' heart jump. He knew how much trouble his friend had been having, coming to terms with the fact her mother had been keeping secrets from her. But ultimately, it was nice to see that they can put aside their issues for a moment to just appreciate each other.

Mr and Mrs Potter had James engulfed in a tight embrace, refusing to let him go. They had been there for at least two minutes now, not once loosening their grip on each other. Strangers mumbled their complaints as they struggled to navigate the platform, the happy family standing dead centre in everyone's way.

Sirius watched them in complete awe, a small smile curled from the corner of his lips. He thought hard to remember a moment where his family had ever been that happy to simply be in each other's presence.

Nothing.

He thought hard to remember a moment where he had been embraced so lovingly by his parents.

Nothing.

Thinking back to his eleventh birthday, Sirius remembered being so overjoyed when his mother placed a soft touch on his shoulder. It lasted mere seconds, but was a moment so deeply engraved into his mind.

A simple shoulder touch was all he could muster up when thinking of a time he felt wholly loved by his mother. But now, watching his friends, he recognised that that was not love at all, it was tolerance.

It came so naturally to the Potters, as if it was something they did constantly. Holding each other with such warmth and joy seemed like such a normal thing for them to do.

Part of him wanted to hate James for it, jealousy taking control of his emotions. But he could never. Deep down Sirius knew if anyone deserved that kind of love and affection it was his friends, not him.

As the crowd started to disperse, Sirius' hopes that his brother had accompanied his parents in picking him up began to fade, the small raven haired boy nowhere to be seen.

Looking around the platform, Sirius saw his cousins being greeted by his Aunt Druella. His eyes met Andromeda's for a second, her face dropping at the sight of her cousin standing all alone. She glanced to her left slightly before smiling weakly back at him. Sirius followed her gaze, only to be met by a miserable face belonging to his house elf.