6. Full Moon

Hello angels,

The Remus chapter is here. Just a little something so we can see where his head's at.

Enjoy <3

Song: Talking to the moon (Bruno Mars)

t.w blood / violence / mention of death / mention of suicide / physical attack / mention of illness / home invasion (please let me know if there's any I've forgotten)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Full Moon

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

February 16th 1965

It was cold. Colder than usual. Remus grew restless, tossing and turning trying to get back to sleep. He had awoken suddenly only a few minutes earlier, the overwhelming feeling that something was wrong taking full control.

Moonlight crept into the room through a small gap in the curtains. The wind was howling at an alarming rate as water poured down from the clouds. Tap. Tap. Tap. The tree's outside rattled against his window, speed increasing rapidly as the storm grew wilder.

The silvery reflection of the moon cast shadows all across his bedroom wall. Shadows from the trees violently shaking in the wind. Remus knew this, he knew it was only the trees, but he couldn't shake the feeling that there was something else out there, someone. The shadows travelled along his walls in a lifelike manner that caused his body to numb.

"It's just the wind. It's just the wind. It's. Just. The. Wind" Remus muttered under his breath.

Squeezing his eyes shut tightly, he tugged the duvet right over his head - as if he was creating a protective shield around his body. He tightly gripped onto the stuffed bear he never let leave his side and began counting down from one hundred.

If there is ever a time that you can't sleep, just count down. That's what his father had told him so many times before. Remus had never wanted it to work more than right now.

Suddenly all the muscles in his body tensed, eyes shooting open. Someone was outside his door, he knew it. There was one specific floorboard outside of his room that creaked whenever someone stepped on it. He knew the noise so well and there it was.

"Mummy?" He whimpered out, voice barely louder than a whisper - the word getting stuck in his throat.

That's when he heard it. Faint howls coming from the distance. It was not the wind this time, whatever it was, it wasn't human.

Remus jumped out from under the covers as the bedroom door slammed open, smashing against the wall beside it. Frozen in fear, he couldn't tear his eyes away from the creature stood in the doorway. A low, intense growl escaped the creatures lips, echoing around the room.

Willing it all to be some horrible nightmare, Remus clenched his eyes shut tightly, throwing the duvet back over his body.

"One hundred, ninety nine, ninety eig-"

The growling only intensified, footsteps growing louder and louder, floorboards creaking under the weight of the creature.

Suddenly, his duvet was ripped away as he felt the full weight of the creature on top of him. Letting out an ear splitting scream, Remus tried with all of his might to wriggle away. He was not quick enough. No match for the beast 5 times the size of him.