33. Moony

Hello my lovely readers,

Part two of Halloween is here, time for the party. This chapter has a little bit of everyone in it, all the background characters and everything.

It also has the origin of 'Moony' in my opinion, so that's fun.

Also, I've said before but my beautiful bestie itsqueennik who the character Cosette is based off has made a spin off book for her, so please check it out.

I hope you all enjoy <3

Song: This is Halloween (the citizens of Halloween)

t.w bullying

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Moony

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

October 31st 1972, Tuesday.

Growing up, Astra Lupin had never really been a fan of Halloween. Whilst she had always been around magic, thanks to her mum and brother, she spent a good portion of her life in the muggle world.

They had lived in a muggle neighbourhood and both she and Atlas attended a muggle primary school. They were friends with all the local kids and joined in on all their traditions. This included Halloween, dressing up and trick or treating.

In the muggle world, there was something of a negative stigma around the idea of witches. They were portrayed very poorly in films and shows, always evil and always the villain. They were always written to be haggard and unsightly, their main attributes being long, crooked noses, sickly skin and prominent moles.

Being a witch herself, she took great offence to this portrayal, especially when Halloween came around and seemingly every muggle in existence took it upon themselves to dress up as a witch and label themselves a monster.

But then she started at Hogwarts, and her opinion on Halloween quickly changed.

She finally found somewhere where she felt normal, where she felt a sense of belonging and pride in who she was. Halloween at Hogwarts was a time in which they celebrated their differences and could be who they wanted to be with no judgement.

It also helped that there were no longer people walking around with stick on noses, green face paint and ghastly robes, demonising what she was.

Arriving back in her own common room after spending the last couple of hours helping Sirius get ready, she wandered past Theo Knott preparing for the older years party.

"Lupin." He greeted her with a grin. "How's my star chaser doing?"

"Hey Theo." Astra diverted her path to the dorm to stop and converse with the older boy. He was waving his wand over the drinks table, mumbling some incantation to himself. "What you doing?"

"Charming the drinks." The dark haired boy chuckled slightly. "Don't want any of you kiddo's getting into the alcohol."

Astra rolled her eyes slightly at the comment. She was aware Theo was older than her, he was in fourth year - one of the oldest in the year too, turning fifteen early in September - but she hated when he referred to her as little one or kiddo.