13. Game Day

Hello my loves,

This chapter is very James focused, but not from his pov. I wanted to give him a little more depth and character, i've noticed a lot of people always write him as being the happy go lucky kid all the time, but in my mind there's more to him than that.

So yeah, I hope you enjoy <3

Song: Vienna (Billy Joel) [this one makes me sob]

t.w panic / anxiety attack

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Game Day

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

November 6th 1971, Saturday.

It was officially game day at Hogwarts. The first Quidditch match of the season had rapidly arrived and the whole castle was buzzing with excitement, banners of both red and gold and green and silver coated the hallways in preparation for the long awaited Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

James had been noticeably absent since Sirius' birthday, spending every spare minute he had practicing for his debut. So it was surprising that upon entering the Great Hall that morning, Astra found James sitting at his usual spot.

"Morning boys." Beaming at her friends, she took the open seat in between Remus and Peter. "Are you ready to get your asses whooped this afternoon?"

James' face grew pale at this statement, placing his cup of mint tea down rather harshly, his cheeks puffed up as if he was about to be sick.

"Oh please don't start." Peter grumbled, moving James' plate from in front of him. "We've only just calmed him down."

Glancing at James, she chuckled slightly. "I'm sure you'll be fine."

"Fine? Just fine?" He groaned in complaint, leaning forward he slammed his head down in the empty space now in front of him.

Raising her brows slightly, she looked towards Sirius for help. The dark haired boy simply narrowed his eyes at her, nodding towards James.

"Erm..." She began. "No, not fine, great." She nodded enthusiastically. "You'll be great."

James let out a further whine of complaint, not moving his head from the table. As she looked between the other boys, they were all sharing the same glare. Shrugging her shoulders, she held her hands up in defence, mumbling an apology.

"Come on Potter." A ginger haired boy spoke out, slapping a hand on James' back as he approached.

Bill Weasley, captain of the Gryffindor team was already proudly sporting his quidditch robes, broom in hand. .

"Don't make me regret putting a first year on the team." The older boy chuckled to himself. "We have the pitch for an hour this morning, so get up and get a final practice in."

James finally lifted his head, nodding up at the captain. He let out a final groan of complaint before getting up from his seat. "I'll see you guys in the stands?" He gulped, looking between them all.

Sirius, Peter and Remus all nodded, mumbling in agreement. Astra sighed slightly, glancing up at the nerve ridden boy.

"I'll be sat over in the Slytherin stands. House pride and all that." She chuckled slightly. "But I'm sure you'll do great. Don't get in your head too much."