31. Breathe

Hello my lovely angels,

Another James pov for you all, abit deep but finally some James and Astra content.

Hope you enjoy <3

Song: Anchor (Novo Amor)

t.w anxiety / panic attacks

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Breathe

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

October 22nd 1972, Sunday.

October of 1972 had been living hell for James Potter.

Arguably, the worst month of his short twelve years, for many different reasons.

The first reason was because of Astralis Lupin.

The person whose attention he craved the most was currently refusing to even glance in his direction. She would sit right beside him in class, in the Great Hall and even in his own dorm, but never utter a word to him unless it was in the form of an insult.

Because of this, James found himself acting up more than usual. He would shout louder, laugh harder and pull more elaborate pranks in hopes of catching her attention. Even the tiniest hint of a smile forming on her lips at his expense was an achievement.

When that didn't exactly work, he thought maybe if he stopped paying attention to Astra all together, she would miss him. So for a whole day he didn't try to speak to her, try to make her laugh or even look at her - more than once a lesson.

This didn't work either.

So, James then started purposely doing things that he knew would annoy her, because even her shouting at him was better than the ignorance he had been receiving.

He started off by charming all of her books closed, so she would have to ask for his help in getting them to open. She didn't. Instead she had Sirius and Remus open them for her.

Then he would ruin her homework, spilling ink over her parchment just as she had finished or crumpling it into a ball and shoving it in his mouth. This worked for a few days, earning him some scowls, harsh words and a few bat-bogey hexes, but ultimately she just stopped doing her homework around him.

Most recently he had resorted to hexing Slytherins in the corridors. Only the ones who deserved it, of course. This worked like a charm. The day just gone Astra had spent an entire hour shouting at him after he had cast the furnunculus curse on Snape, Dolohov and Mulciber.

Even though she didn't like that group either, she lectured him that making anyone break out into oozing boils all over their body is not appropriate, that he wasn't yet skilled enough at Transfiguration to pull it off without potentially causing real harm or long lasting effects.

They both knew that was not true. James was in fact brilliant at Transfiguration and this hex was very easy to master. But, because Astra was actually acknowledging him for once, he held back his amusement and nodded along, enjoying the scolding he was receiving.

The second reason James had had an awful month, was because of Remus.

He had spent more hours in the library this past month than he did the entirety of first year.

Every single book that mentioned werewolves, he had read it.

James had this innate urge to help absolutely everyone. If he wandered past a stranger on the street or in the halls who was upset or distressed, he could not rest until he knew that person was okay.