16. The Marauders

This chapter is more of a short filler than everything, before the next one which will be quite a bit longer from Sirius' pov.

also has the origin of 'the marauders' in my opinion, how exciting.

enjoy <3

Song: Rosalyn (Bon Iver & St. Vincent)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The Marauders

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

December 19th 1971, Sunday.

Packing up the remainder of her belongings, Astra sighed deeply taking a final look around her dorm. She would only be away for two weeks, but she would miss this place deeply in that time.

Sure, she was looking forward to seeing her mum, but the two of them had barely spoken since the whole secret brother fiasco. The only time Astra had initiated contact with her mother was when asking if Remus could stay with them, and look at how that had backfired.

She knew there would be conversations they would need to have, about her father and about Remus. She also knew her mother had gotten herself a new boyfriend since Astra had left - a muggle milkman - meaning there could be no magic talk either. The more she thought about it, the more she just wanted to stay at Hogwarts. But with the state of her and Remus' relationship right now, that option wasn't much better.

"Are you sure you can't sit with us on the train?" Ivy questioned, pouting across at her friend.

"I can't." Astra smiled weakly. "I promised Sirius I would sit with him."

"They already get you way more than we do." Daphne added, closing her trunk with a loud bang.

Astra chuckled slightly, rolling her eyes. "That's not true."

"I don't think I can go a whole two weeks without you guys." Ivy sighed deeply as stood by the dorm door, trunk by her feet. "Promise you'll write?"

"I don't have an owl." Astra responded, frowning slightly.

"Just keep hold of our's after we've written to you." Daphne grinned. "Then you can send them back with your letter."

Astra nodded, smiling across at her two friends. She was going to miss them quite a lot. She was going to miss waking up to their snores every morning, and falling asleep to their mumbles of gossip every evening.

"Okay we have to go." Ivy groaned slightly. "I told Theo we would meet him by the carriages."

"You two go." Astra looked towards her friends. "I just have to grab a couple more things."

They nodded, pulling her in for a tight group hug before exiting the room.

Astra glanced back at her bed where a small, neatly wrapped gift was laying. It was for Remus. She had gotten it him for Christmas, before they had their argument.

She had spent the past few days debating whether she should give it to him still, knowing he wouldn't get too many presents. She didn't want him to be miserable, but she also didn't want him thinking she had forgiven him. Picking up the gift, she spent a moment just staring at it before shoving it deep into the bottom of her bag.