11. Halloween

Hellooo, a little cute brother sister moment here for you all, plus some Halloween fun.

I hope you all enjoy <3

Song: O'Children (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds)

t.w broken bones

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Halloween

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

October 31st 1971, Sunday.

Glancing up as the rain began pouring softly from the dark clouds above, Astra closed her eyes allowing the droplets to land on her face. It hadn't yet rained since starting at Hogwarts, which was quite surprising considering they were deep in the Scottish Highlands.

Breathing in the scent of the rain, she smiled to herself. Of course the water in itself didn't particularly smell of anything, except when it fell on the dry soil behind her it created an earthy aroma which reminded her of home.

She had grown up in a small cottage in the countryside, up in the North of England where it rained almost every day. Never would she have thought she'd end up missing it.

She missed the sound of the rain tapping on her window as she cozied up to watch a film with her family.

She missed running around in the garden with Atlas in their wellies, dancing under the water and singing at the top of their lungs.

Opening her eyes again, she felt a tear trickle down her cheek.

She missed Atlas.

Footsteps approaching from behind caused Astra to suddenly snap away from her thoughts. Pulling her sleeves over her hand, she wiped away the water from her face before turning around.

"Morning" Remus smiled softly as he approached the large rock that Astra was sat on.

Returning the smile back at him, she shuffled towards one side allowing space for him to sit down.

"Miserable day" He muttered, taking his place next to her. Noticing she was only wearing a thin jacket, he removed his scarf offering it to her.

"I don't know, I quite like it" She grinned over at him, holding her arms open to the rain. "Thanks" She spoke quietly, taking the scarf and wrapping it around her neck.

She turned her attention back to the lake in front of her, smiling to herself as she watched the rain create ripples in the dark water.

"What are you thinking about?" Remus asked, looking over at her inquisitively.

"What?" She responded, looking back up at him, brows furrowed slightly in confusion.

The two of them never really spoke when they were alone, most of their time together was spent in comfortable silence. Astra had taken a step back, waiting for Remus to take the lead in what direction he wanted their relationship to go, respecting his boundaries. This meant she was happy to sit in silence if this was what he wanted, but she was not expecting him to suddenly ask her why she was so deep in thought.

"You just seen kind of lost in thought." He shrugged, smiling softly.

"Oh right" Astra gulped, laughing nervously. "Atlas.."

"Your brother?"

She nodded in response, turning away from Remus' intense gaze, instead fumbling with the ends of his scarf.