34. Teenage Dirtbag

Hello everyone,

Finally they're getting older, yay. 

So this is Sirius' birthday chapter but it is a dual pov chapter from Astra and then James.

Also as usual, check out @itsqueennik to see Cosette's story, it's pretty cute.

Hope you enjoy <3

Song: Teenage Dirtbag (Wheatus)

t.w Slight mention of toxic households / toxic families.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Teenage Dirtbag

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

November 3rd 1972, Friday.

"—HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU."

James Potter was standing atop the Gryffindor table, arms spread wide as he led the entirety of the Great Hall in singing Happy Birthday for none other than Sirius Black, for the second time that day.

Sirius was not the first of Astra's friends to turn thirteen, both Ivy and Cosette had already had their birthdays at the start of the year - but he was the first out of her and the Marauders to enter his teenage years, and Merlin, did he let them know it.

According to the raven haired boy, he had grown about twenty years of maturity in the space of one night and apparently now knew everything about everything.

It was only lunch time and he had already reminded them at least fifty times that they were still children whilst he was not, he was now a teenager and ready for absolutely anything the world threw at him.

Girlfriend? He suddenly wanted one. First kiss? At this point he would probably plant one on the Giant Squid that lurked in the Black Lake just to get it over with. Puberty? The singular hair that grew on his chin had him convinced the beard would be there in no time.

"Look." Sirius smirked, pointing over to the Professors table as the song veered to an end. "Even Minnie's singing for me. She defo fancies me now."

"You're thirteen, not thirty." Astra rolled her eyes slightly, laughing at her friend who was now busy waving over at Professor McGonagall, a small smirk forming at the corner of his lips.

"Shhh." The raven haired boy placed his free hand over her mouth, stopping her from talking. "You're just jealous that I'm a teenager and you're not."

Astra groaned in annoyance, licking his hand so he would move it away from her - instead, he wiped his hand across her face, spreading the saliva all over her.

"Sirius. You're disgusting." The Slytherin girl squealed whilst pushing his hand away with force, grabbing a napkin from the table and wiping her face. "And only two months older than me so shut up."

"We have to do another round of happy birthdays before lunch is over." James eagerly jumped down from the table as the applause died down. "To make up for the one we can't do at dinner."

"I agree." Sirius grinned widely. "Sounds like a brilliant idea."

"You know most people only get sung happy birthday once a year?" Remus chuckled. "Not at every single meal time."