26. Lost and Found

Hello,

Sorry about the wait for this chapter, i've been busy moving, but it's here now so I hope you enjoy.

Also, my lovely friend is doing a spin off for the character we created together, Cosette Dumbledore, so I suggest reading that bc it's super fun - My Flower by @itsqueennik <3

Song: Brother (Kodaline)

t.w blood / mention of death

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Lost and Found

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

September 3rd 1972, Sunday.

There were a lot of things Astra missed about Hogwarts whilst being away over summer. She missed her friends, seeing them every day and the excitement that came with their constant adventuring. She missed waking up every morning to water lapping on her window, the creatures that lived within the depths of the black lake graciously gliding past. The food, Merlin, she missed the food so much. Her mother's cooking had nothing on that of the House Elves, each meal more miraculous than the last.

One thing however Astra did not miss, was the miserable weather that came hand in hand with living deep within the Scottish Highlands.

The rain she didn't mind, she actually loved the rain. It reminded her of Atlas, how he would always drag her into the garden at the first hint of downpour and dance under the falling water. But now it also reminded her of Remus too, how he had done the same the year before, to cheer her up when she had been upset.

It was the cold that she disliked.

Stupidly, Astra had left the common room that morning in nothing more than a thin jumper. She had expected the warmth to stick around for a while longer, only the day before the entirety of Hogwarts had been sat on the school grounds basking in the sun.

But when leaving the castle that morning, she was met with a chill of the brisk autumn air. Her cheeks felt as if they had been rubbed raw, her nose red from the bite of the cold and fingers frozen in place.

Of course, had Astra known the weather was to be that bad when waking, she would have dressed more appropriately, and by the time she had gotten outside she didn't feel like trekking all the way back down to the dungeons.

One of the only negatives of the Slytherin dorms and common room is the inability to see beyond the depths of the black lake, meaning a further inability to know what the climate for the day is going to be.

Sitting by the lake, she watched as fish jumped to the surface, the rain causing ripples in the water that the creatures confused with food being thrown their way.

Rubbing her palms together in an attempt to regain some sort of warmth to her body, her attention was dragged away from the lake at the sound of footsteps behind her.

Turning to face the noise, she found Remus walking towards her. His hands buried deep into his coat pockets, house scarf wrapped tightly around his neck and a small cloud escaping his lips every time he left out a breath.

"I apologised in our journal." He mumbled, almost inaudible.

Our journal, Remus referred to, being the gift he had gotten her for her birthday. In the midst of the ink covered pages and scribbles of messages they had written to each other over the previous year, Astra had spotted a small 'I'm sorry. Walk?'