4. The Owlery

Hello my loves, next chapter is here.

Hope you enjoy <3

Song: Good old fashioned lover boy (Queen)

Not sure if this is needed but t.w slight bullying.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The Owlery

・゚: *・゚:*    *:・゚*:・゚

September 2nd 1971, Thursday.

Astra awoke suddenly to a pillow crashing against her face. Opening her eyes she saw two faces beaming down at her, both looking wide awake and raring for the day. Groaning in annoyance, she pulled her duvet up over her face.

"Come on, it's the first day of classes!!" Ivy began, pulling the duvet away from Astra and tossing it to the bottom of her bed.

"You don't wanna be late."

Astra groaned further as the coldness of the air hit, sending a shiver through her body. The dorm was a lot colder this morning than it had been the previous night. Looking over at the fireplace she noticed the fire had gone out. Rolling over she made a mental note to find a spell that would keep the fire burning all night. She glanced at the clock standing on her bedside table.

"It's 6am!!!" She snarked up at her friend who was pottering around the room finishing up the last of her unpacking.

"Breakfast is at 6!" Daphne mumbled, mouth full of toothpaste leaning against the door frame of their shared bathroom.

"No, breakfast starts at 6, classes don't start until 9!" Laughing at the eagerness of her friends, Astra sat up fully taking in her surroundings.

She had a shared dorm with Ivy and Daphne, with a few other girls from her house in the dorm opposite. She was pleasantly surprised when entering their room for the first time to find that they had their own bathroom and wouldn't have to share with the rest of their house.

There were three, four poster beds lined up against the back wall of the rather large room, each with a bedside table either side and their trunks at the foot of the bed. The sheets were silk, a regal emerald green colour, in fact most things in their common room were that colour. Not that she was complaining, she was quite fond of it. The beds had curtains hanging between the posts in an attempt to give some privacy. The way she was woken up this morning however showed that these privacy curtains didn't work very well at all. In the corner of the room there was a stone fireplace with two large reading chairs in front of it. Astra grinned as she knew she would enjoy this late at night when she inevitably wouldn't be able to sleep.

Across from the beds were three windows with seating bays built in. She hadn't been able to take in the beauty of the view the previous night, it had been dark by the time they finally retreated back to their rooms.

The Slytherin common room was in the dungeons of the castle, their windows looking deep into the black lake. This leads the natural light of the room to have a green tinge, reflecting across the whole room. Originally the idea of having a room that looks directly into the depths of the Black Lake was quite frightening, however she quickly grew fond of the idea as the creatures that lived within the waters swam elegantly past the windows. Some of which she had never even heard of before, it was quite spectacular.