40. Step One

Hello, 

So this chapter has a Sirius, Pete and Remus POV. 

(Also I've been super busy interviewing and planning for this new job I just got, YAY, so I do apologise.)

If ya'll want, you can follow my insta prongsxwolfstar for regular updates

Hope you enjoy <3 

Song: Right Back Where We Started From (Maxine Nightingale)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Step One

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

January 19th 1973, Friday.

Sirius Black emerged from the bathroom with a loud thud, door smashing into the stone wall behind it as he stood between the framing. A simple flick of his wand sent flashes of light around the room, small flames forming at the wick of the candles scattered throughout the dorm.

"I SWALLOWED IT!!" Sirius announced to his sleeping friends, all of whom mumbled their complaints at his volume, none bothering to fully wake up and question him.

It was roughly four in the morning, the first full moon of the year out in full force as beams of silver, incandescent light radiated all through the otherwise dimly lit area.

The first night he, James, Pete and Astra had begun to attempt the Animagi process.

The first time, and he had already managed to cock-up the whole thing.

What an Idiot, he told himself, fingers nervously running through the length of his hair as he started to pace the room.

"GUYS." He raised his voice even louder, desperate for just one of them to wake up and acknowledge him.

Sirius had no regard for the fact they had only just managed to fall asleep, classes being only a few hours away. At that moment, his priority was not the sleeping pattern of his friends but rather the fact that he had already screwed up.

"What do you want?" Astra asked quietly, her words more of a mumble as her face remained smushed against the pillow of Remus' bed.

It was not unusual for her to be under the sheets in place of Remus. Every month he spent locked away, deep within the roots of the Whomping Willow, his sister had claimed his bed as her own.

"I SWALLOWED MY BLOODY MANDRAKE LEAF, THAT'S WHAT." Sirius replied, a little more irate than he intended, arms flailing dramatically as he flopped down onto the bed beside her.

Although he wasn't beside her for long before his body was shoved onto the ground, face inches away from colliding with the stone cold flooring. Looking back up through fallen strands of hair, face painted with offence at the sheer audacity of pushing him off the bed, Sirius narrowed his eyes at the raven haired girl who had suddenly bolted up, eyes wide.

"Ouch." He complained, crossing his legs on the floor.

"YOU SWALLOWED YOUR LEAF? ARE YOU SERIO–"

His best friend clearly knew him too well, as when his lips curled up slightly into a small smirk to answer her question with his usual, yes I am Sirius actually, she shook her head, finger held out in his direction.