Ch.2

2 days later
Melo's POV
It was Monday morning I was currently trying to get kairo ready for kindergarten so I could go to practice we had an away game coming up in Chicago.
" come on kairo you've gotta put your shoes on we need to go daddy's gonna be late for practice" I said getting a little frustrated. kairo had a bad night last night she has insomnia and sometimes her medication doesn't help at all. I was up most of the night with her because she couldn't sleep now I have a grumpy and tired kairo.
" no I don't want to go" she said stomping her feet with her arms crossed against her chest with an little angry face. I tried not to laugh because she's cute when she's angry.
" why don't you want to go to kindergarten " I said bending down to her level.
" because I just don't want to go" kai said as she started to cry.
" I'm sorry baby but you have to go I have to go to practice we have a big game coming up" I said pulling her into my lap and bring my hand up to her face and wiping her tears away.
" I want to come with you pwease daddy" kai said with puppy dog eyes.
" okay this one time you can come with me but your going to kindergarten tomorrow " I said to my now happy daughter.
" Otay daddy I pwomise" kai said now happy.
" okay let me put your shoes on" I said to kai. After we were both ready I grabbed my basket ball bag and picked up kairo and walked out the house locking and closing the door behind me. We got to the car I opened the car door putting kairo in her car seat and buckling her in and closed the door. I got into the drivers side and turned the car on and started to drive away.
After a 20 minute drive we got to the gym I turned the car off and got kairo out of the car I put her down so she could walk. I grabbed my bag out of the car.
"Hold daddy's hand princess" I said grabbing her hand to walk into the gym. Once we got into the gym kairo let go of my hand and ran to zo we both play for the LA Lakers.
" uncle zo" she said running with her arms up for him to pick her.
" hi my little muchkin what are you doing here" he said picking her up and tickling her.
" I didn't want to go to kindergarten today" she said giggling.
" why didn't you want to go to kindergarten" zo said to kairo.
" I had bad night I didn't sweep much" kai said.
" poor thing" zo said putting kairo down to play with some of our team mates and walking over to me.
"Aye bro" he said to me.
"Aye man" I said back while doing our hand shake.
" you look like crap today bro" zo said to me.
" yeah I know kai was up most of the night" I said getting ready to warm up.
" you gotta take her back to the doctors and get a higher dose of medication" zo said to me
" I've already tried I can't she's on the highest dose that she can be for her age" I said to him.
" that sucks what are you gonna do because you and Kai can't keep having sleepless nights" zo said.
" honestly bro I don't know " I said him
" alright everybody line up let's get go" coach said.

Practice was over kai and are in the car on the way to get something to eat then heading home. I look at kai in the back who looked like she was about to fall asleep which I was thankful for. I didn't bother her I just let her sleep because she definitely needed it. I just went home instead of stopping to get something to eat I'll order something when kai wakes up. Once we got home I put kairo into her bed and let her sleep. I walked through my room to my bathroom and turned the shower on once it was at a good temperature I stripped down a got it the shower after I washed my hair and body I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my waist and walked into my room. As I walked in my room I heard my phone ringing it was my ex girlfriend Ashley. We broke up because she cheated on me.

" what do you want bro" I said rolling my eyes answering the phone.
" well hello to you to melo" Ashley said through the phone.
" yeah what do you need " I said through the phone.
" I got a call from kai's kindergarten today saying that she never got dropped off they called me because they couldn't get a hold off you"
" shit I forgot to call them this morning " I said to Ashley through the phone. I put Ashley down as an emergency contact for kai's kinder because we were together at the time and Ashley was like a mum to kai and incase they couldn't get a hold of me in an emergency or something.
" I'll call them now and let them know why she wasn't there" I said to Ashley over the phone.
"Okay I thought I'd just let you know" Ashley said
" okay bye" I said hanging up the phone.
I quickly got dressed into a pair of sweats and a plain white t shirt. I rang the kindergarten.
"Sun shine kindergarten this is may speaking how may I help you" may said over the phone.
" hi may it's melo how are you" I said over the phone.
"Oh mr ball I'm good how are you" she said.
" I'm good thank you I know it's late but I'm just calling to let you know why kai's wasn't there this morning she had a really bad night last night she didn't sleep at all and she was very tired and grumpy today so she had the day off" I said.
"Oh poor thing I hope kairo feels better " may said.
"She will definitely be at kinder tomorrow" I said.
" okay great we will see you tomorrow mr ball" may said over the phone.
" okay bye" I said hanging up the phone.
I decided while kairo was sleeping to play some 2k I sat on my bed and turned my tv and PlayStation on. I got comfortable and started a game then I heard little foot steps down the hall.
"Daddy" kairo was crying for me.
" I'm in my room kai " I said then I see the door open and a tired crying kairo standing there.
" come here baby " I say getting off the bed picking her up. She puts her head in the crook of my neck and almost immediately falls back asleep. I go back to sit on the bed with a sleeping kairo on my chest and play my game for a few more hours until kai wakes up.
" hi daddy " kairo said looking up at me with a big smile.
"Hi princess do you have a good sleep " I asked looking down at her she nodded.
"You hungry kai" I asked.
" I'm very hungwe daddy" kai said.
" okay what would you like to eat munchkin" I said booping her nose and smiling at her.
" the hamburgers that you make" kai said.
" okay we gotta go to the shop and buy the ingredients for the hamburgers go grab yours so I can put them on" I said to kai
" okay daddy" kai said hopping off the bed with a smile.
We got ready and got in the car I buckled kai in and got in the driver seat turned the on and drove to the shop. We got to the shop I got kai out of the car walking into the a couple of girls asked for a photo.