Ch.26

Melo's POV
" daddy I'm so excited" kai said jumping up and down on the bed. It's been a week since maya and had our argument I haven't heard from her and she hasn't come to see kairo, I've tried to call and message her but there was no response. We are currently in Miami for my basketball game maya was supposed to come but she's not answering my calls.

" are you baby what are you excited about" I said smiling laying on the bed next kairo.

" your basketball game" kai said giggling.

" yeah you ready to watch daddy win" i said smiling leaning over and tickling her.

" yes daddy" kai said laughing.

" come on princess we gotta get ready" i said laughing a little bit. I got kairo's outfit out I got out her little lakers jersey with my number and mini ball on it and some black leggings and blue high top Nike Jordans. We got ready then headed to the rental car. I put kai in her car seat and buckled her in and got into the drivers seat and headed to the stadium.

" daddy" kai asked.

" yeah baby" I said.

" why hasn't mummy come to see me" kai asked. I didn't know what to say because it's partly my fault she hasn't come to see her.

" um she sick baby and didn't want to get you sick" I lied. Kai didn't say anything she just nodded. 20 minutes later we were at the stadium. We got out of the car.

" omg lamelo ball can we get a picture" a girl and her friends came up.

" wussup yeah of course" I said to the girls.

" can kairo be in the picture" one of the girls asked.

" yeah kai do wonna take a picture with daddy and these girls" I asked she nodded and laid her head in my neck. " she just a bit shy" I said. We took a couple pictures.

" kairo is so cute" one of the girls said.

" daddy she pretty" kai whispered into my ear.

" kai said your pretty" i said.

" aww thank you sweet girl your pretty as well" the girl said.

" what are your names" I asked.

" I'm dayja and these are my best friends koah and Darcy" dayja said.

" it's not to meet you guys send me those picks on Insta we have to get going and kai was right you are pretty" i said you dayja.

" thank you" she blushed we said bye and kai and I walked into the stadium. I saw zo and Denise.

" uncle zo" kai said jumping out of my arms running to zo.

" hey stink, hey bro" he said to us.

" auntie Denise" kai said giving her a hug.

" hey babe are you ready to hang with me while your dad and zo play" she asked kai.

" yes I'm excited auntie Denise daddy called a girl pretty" kai said giggling putting her hand over her mouth. We all laughed.

20 minutes later the game was about to start.

" okay baby I've gotta go play now come give me a good luck kiss" I said to kai bending down to her level.

" good luck daddy" she said kissing me cheek.

We had 15 minutes of the left we were winning by 30 I had the ball I was running up the court until someone tripped up I fell on my wrist and heard a crack and pain shot up my arm.

" shit I think I broke my wrist" I cried out in pain still laying on the floor. They stopped the game.

" daddy" I heard kai scream.

" kai you gotta stay here" I heard Denise say.

" no daddy is hurt" I heard kai cry. I stood up hold my wrist to my chest. I saw kai crying trying to get up.

" I'm okay baby stay with Denise" I said walking off the court to the change rooms there was a medic there already.

" okay I already know your wrist is broken lucky we have a x-ray machine here let's take an x-ray and see what brake it is" mike our medic said.

20 minutes later we took the x-ray and I was given some pain relief.

" okay melo it's a clean break we just gotta put a cast on it" mike said. He casted me up and I went back out and on the bench.

" daddy" kai said running up to me.

" hi baby" I said pulling her in my lap.

" are you okay" she asked touching my cast.

" yeah baby do you remember when you hurt your arm" i said. she nodded. " daddy did the same thing" I said.

It's been a few hours we are now back at the hotel kairo and I had a late dinner and she's now asleep in bed I was laying next her watching tv. I heard my phone go off it was a notification from instagram.

Dayja.green sent you a message
I opened it.

Dayja.green
I saw your fall are you okay

I smiled at the message.

Melo
Yeah I'm okay I broke my wrist I'm off for 6 weeks

Dayja.green
Oh that sucks at least it's only 6 weeks

Melo
Yeah I'm still gonna go to training and games gotta support my team

Dayja.green
I'm bummed that my favourite player is out though

Melo
Don't worry I'll be back in no time 😉

Dayja.green
Lamelo ball are you flirting with me 🥰

I smiled at the message I'm not doing anything wrong I'm a single man.

Melo
Maybe just a little

Dayja.green
As mush as I hate to cut the lovely conversation short I got a flight to catch in morning so I'm going to bed

Melo
Where ya flying to

Dayja.green
L.A I live there I came to Miami to see family and your game

Melo
What times your flight I'm flying back to La tomorrow as well

Dayja.green
6am

Melo
Aw heck naw I'm not leaving that early maybe when I get back to La we could hang out sometime

Dayja.green
That sounds good goodnight melo

Melo
Goodnight mamas

I turned my phone off and plugged it in and slowly fell into a slumber.