Ch.25

Melo's POV

We arrived at the park kairo and the girls were so excited. Maya still hasn't said a word to me.

" are you ready to have some fun guys" I said getting kai and the girls out of there car seats.

" yes" gia and maddy said. I got them out of the car and walked over to the park maya and I sat on the bench while the girls played.

" are you gonna be salty all day" I asked.

" do you still think I was being selfish" maya asked.

" what do you want me to say maya you were being selfish you were only thinking of yourself in the moment you faked dying so you wouldn't have to be a mother I'm allowed to feel some type away about it because you left me and kairo" I said.

" I thought we were passed this melo" maya said.

" just because we made up and co-parenting is going good doesn't mean I'm not still hurt I just pushed it away because it's not about me it's about kairo" I said. Before she could say anything she was interrupted by Kayla and gelo.

" hey y'all" kayla said.

" melly" ryder said coming to give me a hug.

" hey ry" I said.

" ryder" kairo yelled in excitement. Ryder ran over to the girls.

" hey bro" gelo said.

" hey man" I said.

" I think I'm gonna go I'll see kai later" maya said getting up. I chased after her.

" maya wait" I said.

" for what melo I can't sit there and enjoy the day with kairo knowing that you still feel the way you do" maya said.

" what so your just gonna run when things get hard is it going to be like this every time we have an argument your just gonna up and leave again" I said.

" that's not what I'm doing melo I just can't be around you right now" maya said.

" you know what whatever maya if you to be pissed at me for feeling the way I do because of something you caused then you do that" I said walking away and going to sit back down.

" daddy where's mummy going" kai came running up to me.

" she's not feeling well baby" I lied I didn't want kai to know the real reason. Kai nodded and walked off.

" what was that about bro" gelo asked.

"We had an argument in the car" I said not wanting to talk about it anymore. Gelo nodded.

" daddy" ryder came running over. I was shocked when did that happen.

" wussup princess" gelo said to her.

" can we get ice cream on the way home" ryder said.

" mm maybe I'll think about it go and play" gelo said. Ry ran off and played.

" when did that happen" i asked.

" one day she just asked is she could call us mum and dad and we said yes" kayla said. I nodded.

After the park i dropped gia and maddy off at home, kairo and I headed home and chilled for a bit I hadn't heard from maya since the park, I felt bad for saying that she was selfish but that's how I still feel. I understand that she wasn't ready to be a mother but I wasn't ready to be a father I still stayed because once I saw kai all of the worries and fears went away.

" good night baby I love you" I said putting kai to bed kissing her on the head.

" good night daddy I love you too" kai said kissing my cheek. I turned off her light walking out of her room closing her door a little bit. I went to my room and had a quick shower and hopped into bed. I quickly texted maya apologising for today and before I knew it I was asleep.