Ch.7

2 weeks later court day
Melo's pov
I woke up early this morning I had to get Kai ready and drop her off at Ashley's because me and Kayla haven't spoken in a week she hasn't been answering her phone. I went to her house and she wasn't there I'm not sure why because everything was fine the last time we spoke.
Today I have court with maya's parents.

" kai it's time to wake up" I gently rocked her she didn't go to bed until late last night because her arm has been bothering her. She ended up sleeping in my bed.
"No daddy I'm tired" kai said going back to sleep. I decided to leave her and let her sleep. I called Ashley she picked up on the 4th ring.
" hello" Ashley answered the phone.
"Hey kai didn't sleep very much last night would you be able to come over here instead" I asked.
" yeah of course is her arm bothering her" Ashley asked.
"Yeah it is would you be able to come over now I gotta leave in half an hour" i asked.
" yeah of course I'll just put some shoes on then leave" Ashley said.
" okay thank you" I said. We said bye then hung up.
I had a shower and got dressed I've never been to court before so I didn't know what to wear so i just wore a simple black suit. By the time I was done getting ready Ashley was here.
" kai's in my bed in my bed still sleeping let her sleep for a couple more hours don't let her sleep over 11 o'clock" I said to Ashley.
" okay I'll wake her up at 11 if she's not up before then" Ashley said in nodded.
" I left money on the bench for you guys to order food and please not to much sugar" I said.
" I know she turns into a different child I did that once never doing that again" Ashley said I laughed.
" okay I have to go I'll see you later" I said to Ashley.
" okay good luck" she said giving me a hug. I walked out of the house getting into my car and driving to the court house my parents and brothers are meeting me there. After a 20 minute drive I arrived at the court house I was so nervous because I don't know what the out come is going to be. I parked the car and got out I found my parents and brothers and our lawyer.
" hey son" my dad said
" hey pops" I said. 
" hey honey how are you feeling" my said giving me a hug.
" hey mum I'm alright a little nervous tho" I said
" it'll be alright we've got everything we need for there argument to be thrown out" our lawyer Jeff said.
" okay let's head in" Jeff said.
We walked into the court room me and Jeff sat at the front and my parents and brothers sat behind us. I saw maya's parents on the other side with their lawyer and maya's brother and sisters behind them. The judge walked in.
" everyone please rise" we all stood up " please be seated" we sat down.
"Okay Tyra and Ron jack's are here for full custody of kairo ball why do you want full custody there's seems to be nothing wrong with where she's living now" the judge said.
" we just want to see our granddaughter more and we don't think the life style is good for her" Tyra said.
" okay seems fair" the judge said my heart sank.
"Are you keeping your daughter from seeing her grandparents mr ball" the judge asks.
" no sir they have an open investigation to see kairo when ever they'd like I would invite them to come over and to family events but the never came so I stopped inviting but that doesn't mean they couldn't call me or text me and say could we come see Kai or take her for the night it was a one way street" I said to the judge.
" do you have proof of that" the judge asked.
" yes I do sir" I asked to the judge.
" okay bring the proof up here" the judge said. I took my phone out and pulled up the text messages and showed the judge.
" okay why are we here then no one is keeping you from seeing kairo I'm throwing this case out it just seems selfish that your trying to take a child out of a happy home your all dismissed" the judge said I had the biggest smile on my face. Maya's parents were not happy. We walked out of the court room I met my parents and brothers out there they all had massive smiles on there faces gelo and zo came running up to pulling me into a hug.
" you did it bro we told you had nothing to worry about" zo and gelo said. All I could do was smile.
" lamelo" I heard my name I turned around it was Tyra and Ron they were walking over to me.
" yes Tyra" I said.
" we want to see kairo" Tyra said in a rather rude tone but I brushed it off.
" okay my family and I are going out for lunch your more then welcome to come" I said.
" okay where are you going" Tyra asked
" the Olive Garden we are all going home to get changed then meeting at the Olive Garden at 1" I said.
" okay we will meet you there" Tyra said. I nodded my head and walked back to my parents.
" that was very mature of you son I'm proud of you my dad said.
" I'm still pissed at them but at least there making an effort now" I said. We all walked back to our cars I drove home by the time I got home it was 12 o'clock. When I got home I heard giggling I walked into the living room and saw kairo and Ashley gluing glitter on a pair of my Jordan's.
" aye what are you doing" I said they looked up and laughed harder.
" oh nothing daddy" kairo said giggling.
" I know I didn't just walk in to you to putting glitter on my Jordan's" I said. They just laughed.
" there pwetty now daddy" said holding up my shoes I couldn't be mad at her because she was just to cute.
"They are very pretty thanks kai" I said.
" go pick and out fit to wear we are gonna go out for lunch" i said to kai she ran up stairs.
" how'd it go" Ashley asked me.
" good they threw out the case and called them selfish" I said I said with a smile.
" that's amazing" Ashley said.
"Yeah now we are going out for lunch to celebrate so go get ready" i said to Ashley. " also maya's parents are gonna be there as well" I said Ashley gave me a look. " they wanted to see Kai and I said yes" I said.
"Okay fair enough" Ashley said. I walked up stairs to kairo's room.
" kai what outfit did you decide" I said to kai who was sitting on her bed.
" nothing daddy I don't want to go" an upset kai said.
" why baby what wrong" I said sitting next to her on her bed.
"My arm hurts a lot daddy" kai said.
" aww baby why didn't you say something I can give some pain relief" i said to kai getting up walking into my room to get kai's pain relief from my bathroom. I walked backed into kairo's room and gave her half a tablet and some water.
"Wait a couple of minutes baby it will kick in now what outfit do you want wear" I said to kai.
" I wonna wear my overalls with a white t shirt under it with my doc Martin's" Kai said. I nodded getting them out getting kai dressed after that I got changed into a pair of black jeans with a plain white shirt and a pair of black and white air Max's.
" okay is everyone ready to go"I said walking don't the stairs.
" yes" both kai and Ashley said. We walked out to the car I put kai in her car seat and buckled her in and I got into the drivers side and Ashley got into the passenger side. We drove to the restaurant I parked the car and got out I got kai out and put her down so she could walk. me Ashley and kai walked into the restaurant.
" good afternoon have you made a reservation" the waitress asked.
" good afternoon yeah under ball" I said.
" right this way" the waitress led us to our table my parents and brothers were there and Denise and Izzy were with them.
"Auntie Denise and Izzy" kai said letting go of my hand running over to them Ashley and I went to get our seats we sat next to zo and Denise.
" hi munchkin I missed you your outfit is so cute" Denise said picking kai up and giving her a kiss on the cheek. Ashley Izzy and Denise were in there own conversation me gelo and zo were in a conversation.
"What's going on with you and Ashley you guys have been hanging out a lot lately" gelo asked.
" honestly nothing she's been helping me with Kai and hanging and plus kai missed her" I said. Maya's parents and brother and sisters came in and sat down.
"Kai come here for a minute" I said getting up walking over to Tyra and Ron. Kai came over to me I kneeled down to kairo's level.
" kai baby do you know who these people are" I said pointing to maya's family. Kai shook her head no and moved closer to me and hid her face in my neck.
" no need to be shy baby this is you nana and pop this is your mummy's parents" I said kai move her head out of my neck a little bit and waved.
" hi honey I'm your nana" Tyra said to kai.
" I'm your pop"Ron said to kai.
" and that's your uncle don , your auntie Aubrey and your auntie Layla" I said to kairo.
" hi" kai said waving.
" what happened to her arm" Aubrey asked.
" I fell off the monkey bars at kinder and broke it" kai said.
" alright who's hungry" big baller asked.
We all ate and had a good time kairo got to the know her other grandparents and aunties and uncle after a while we all went home. We finally got home I got kai out off the car and took her inside.
" I'm gonna head home I've got work tomorrow and still need to do so stuff at home" Ashley said.
" okay thank you for helping with Kai over the past few weeks I really appreciate it be safe text when you get home" I said Ashley waving bye. After Ashley left I went up stairs to kairo's bedroom to find her asleep on her bed I put a blanket over her and let her sleep. I went down stairs I decided to play some 2k I sat on the couch and turned the tv and playstation on and played games for a few hours. I felt my phone vibrate I looked down Kayla was calling me.
"Well long time no talk where ya been" I said answering the phone laughing a little bit.
" hey melly sorry I haven't answered my phone lately I had to take Ryder out of town to see our grandparents because they threatened to take her off me" Kayla said. " shit omg melo today was the court day omg I'm so sorry how did it go" Kayla said.
" it's all good mamas it went good the judge threw out the case and called maya's parents selfish" I said.
" well that's good who looked after kai while you were in court" Kayla asked.
"Ashley looked after her for me" I said.
" who's Ashley" Kayla asked.
" my ex we met when kai was one and broke up just before kai's 3rd birthday" I said.
" oh fair enough well I'm glad today went good" Kayla said.
" when do you get back in town because I miss my bestie" i said.
" I'll be home soon melly when I get home we'll have to catch up" Kayla said. " alright I gotta go I'll talk to you later" Kayla said hanging up the phone.
After a while kai woke up from her nap we chilled for a little bit and ate dinner then had a movie and fell asleep.