Ch.12

Melo's POV
" daddy can we pwease go in there" kairo asked pointing at a big toy store.
We were walking around New Orleans doing some shopping and having some daddy daughter time before my game tonight.
" of course we can baby" I said.

I usually don't let kai spent so much money on toys I give her a certain amount of money that she can spend because I want her to understand that she can't just spend money like it's nothing. she's pretty good with spending money she knows once it's gone she can't get more until the next the month when she gets her allowance. I know she's only 3 and gets an allowance but as she gets older she'll understand stand how to save money.

" daddy can I get this toy pony pwease" kai asked bring over a pony her size.
" of course princess but I think that's enough toys you've got 3 bags full maybe we should buy some clothes" I said to kai as I laughed a bit. She thought about it for a second.
" Otay daddy your right" Kai said. We paid for her pony then headed to a clothes shop and bought some clothes fir both her and I.
" daddy I'm tired and hungry" kai said rubbing her eyes.
" okay baby why don't we get some food and we'll head back to the hotel" I said to kairo.
" Otay daddy" Kai said.
" what would you like for lunch kai" I asked.
" ooo the place with the rolls and meatballs and cheese" kai said.
" you mean subway" I asked laughing a little bit.
" yeah that one" kai said.
We got in the car that I rented for a couple of days. I put kai in her car seat and I got in the drivers side and head to subway and got our food then headed back to the hotel. Kai was really tired but couldn't sleep her insomnia was getting the best of her. I gave her a the amount she needed of her medication and picked her up and cuddle and rocked her to sleep.
" shhh" I said tickling her back and walking around the room. She settled down and fell asleep I gently put on the bed and put the blanket over her and gave her a kiss on the head.

I looked at the time it's currently 4 in the afternoon the game starts at 7 but we gotta be there at 6 to warm up and practice before the game. That gives me and hour and a half to get ready and for kai to sleep. I jumped into the shower and washed my hair and body after I was done I turned off the shower and grabbed a towel and dried off. I put my shorts and jersey on. I picked out kairo's outfit I got her a jersey with my number and her name on it I got it specially made for her and I got her a pair of black jeans and a pair of white high top air force's ones.

By the I packed my basket ball bag and kairo's bag with a couple colouring books and some snacks it was 5:15 which ment we had to leave in 15 minutes I went over to the bed.

" kai baby it's time to wake up" I said gently rocking her she started to stir.
" Otay daddy" kai said rubbing her eyes.
I got kairo dressed and ready I grabbed her backpack with snacks and a water bottle and colouring books. I grab my bag and we head to the car I rented. I put kai in her car seat and buckled her in and I got into the drivers seat and headed to the stadium.

" daddy where's auntie Denise and uncle zo" kai asked.
" they are gonna meet us there" i said.
" Otay" kai said.
After a short drive we pulled into the parking lot I parked the car and got kai out.

" daddy" kai said.
" yes baby" I asked.
" that lady looks like my mummy from the picture you showed me" kai said pointing to the lady. I stopped what I was doing and put my head up so fast I almost broke it. I looked a the lady and she looked exactly like maya she was walking into the stadium.

" yeah she does a bit doesn't she baby" I said to kai getting mine and kai's bag's out of the car. Kairo and I walked into the stadium I found Denise and sat kai on the seat next to her.

" okay so I've put snacks and colouring books and a bottle of water in her bag" I said to Denise.
" okay what if she wants something from the food cart" Denise asked.
" just get her a hotdog and fries if she really won't eat  the snacks I've put in the bag but absolutely no soda just water" I said to Denise.
" okay" Denise nodded. I bent down to kairo's level.
" okay baby daddy's gotta go play his game now be good for auntie Denise" I said.
" otay daddy" kai said.
" give daddy a good luck kiss" I said leaning my cheek towards her.
" good luck daddy" kai said kissing me on the cheek I gave her a kiss on the head. When I got up to walk on to the court I noticed the girl who looks maya looking at me and kai. I didn't think much of it and just walked on to the court to practise before the game.
" are you good bro" zo came over asking me.
" I think I saw maya" I said Zo looked at me like was crazy.
" what in your dreams because she passed away 3 years ago" zo said.
" nah bro second section of seats 3rd row behind kai tell me that's not maya" I said pointing to her. Zo looked his looked like mine when I saw her in the parking lot.
" okay I see what your talking about the only way to know is if you talk to her" zo said.
" but if that's really her why would she do that to me and kai and her family" I said.
" I don't know bro talked her after the game" zo said.
" okay I'll do that" I said.