Ch.16

Melo's POV
2 weeks later
Here we are once again today is court day maya is trying for full custody. I'm not as nervous as I was the first time but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit nervous. Kayla's going to look after kai for me she's taking her and Ryder to a play centre.

" kai come say bye I'm leaving" i yelled from down stairs. Kai came running down the stairs.

" do you have to leave daddy" kai asked putting her arms up for me to pick her up so I did.

" yeah princess but it's only for a couple hours auntie Kay is gonna take you out for the day" I said.

" Otay daddy" kai said.

" I love you baby I'll be back soon" I said kissing kai on the head.

" I lub you too daddy" kai said kissing me on the cheek. I put her down and turn towards Kayla.

" thank you for watching her for the day Kay I really appreciate it" I said.

" your welcome melly good luck" she said giving me a hug. I said bye and headed to the court house.

When I got there it felt like déjà vu I saw my mum, dad, brothers and our lawyer Jeff.

" hey y'all" I said.

" are you ready melo we should probably head in" Jeff said. I nodded and we walked in my parents and brothers sat behind us and on the other side was maya and her lawyer and her family behind them.

The judge walked in.

" all rise" the judge said and we did. " be seated" the judge said and we did.

" okay so we have maya jack going for full custody of kairo ball tell me why your going for full custody because it says here that your deceased but I can see here your very much alive" the judge said to maya.

" when melo and I were 17 we had a baby I thought I was ready but I wasn't so after I had kairo I faked my death I'm not proud of the decision I made but I'm back now I want to see my daughter and lamelo won't let me see her" maya said.

" I can understand why but I want to hear lamelo's side lamelo why won't you let her see kairo" the judge asked me.

" sir there's more to it then that but at first when I found out maya was alive we discussed her seeing kai all I asked for at the time was time to figure what I was going to tell my daughter and maya couldn't respect that and I also found out that maya's parents tried to go for full custody 4 months after they found out maya was alive and how do I know that when I let maya back into kai's life that she isn't just going to walk out again I've lost all trust in her and her parents" I said.

" well I can see where your coming from but how do you know you can't trust her if you won't give her chance I can see that your trying to protect your daughter so full custody remains with mr ball but miss jack can have supervised visit's every weekend you can decide who supervises those visits you all dismissed" the judge said.

I'm happy with the out come of today my baby is staying with me.

I walked out of the courthouse and met up with my family.

" I'm proud of you melo you can hold your own when you need to" my dad said.

" thanks pops I'm gonna call Kay and tell her to meet us at the restaurant" I said everyone nodded.

I called Kay and she picked up on the 2nd ring.

" how did it go" Kayla said answering the phone.

" really good kai is staying in my custody but maya get supervised visits every weekend which I will be supervising" I said over the phone.

" that's good melly" Kayla said.

" yeah we are all going out for lunch so do you wonna meet at the burger place we all ways used to go to" I said.

" yeah that sounds good the girls are getting hungry we will see you soon" Kayla said hanging up the phone.