Ch.14

Melo's POV
It all makes sense now why maya's parents tried to go for full custody. I was so unbelievably mad I feel like everyone knew maya was alive but me.

I texted Mariah.

Lamelo
What's maya address

Mariah
Why melo

Lamelo
Because I need it

Mariah
Fine it's 21 greenfield ave
( not a real address)

" can you guys watch kairo for an hour or so" i said to zo and Denise looking up from my phone.

" yeah of course" they said.

I nodded and quickly but quietly went into the room and put a pair of shorts and a shirt on with a pair of slides and went out the door. 

I got into the car and put maya's address into maps and drove off. After a 20 minute drive I was there I got out of the car and walked up to the door I knocked 3 times and moments later maya opened the door.

" melo what are you doing here" maya said confused.

" we are gonna have a chat about some information I found out about just after you left" I said.

" wwhat information" maya said.

" tell me why maya your parents tried to take full custody of my baby 4 months after they found out you were alive" i said.

" melo it's not like that" maya said.

" really maya because to me it seems like you tried to take my baby away through your parents instead of telling me you were alive before now you tried to take my baby out of a good home she has everything she need's" I said raising my voice a little bit.

" she's doesn't have her mother" maya said.

" and who's fault is that you make it seem like I took her away from you I didn't remember you walked out on us" I said.

" this isn't fair melo I said I was sorry for walking out but I'm back now and I want to see my daughter" maya said.

" you know maya when I saw you at the game the other night my heart fell out of my ass I was nervous, excited, angry and sad I was filled with all these emotions because the love of my life was really standing in front of me but now I just feel so betrayed how could you do this maya why would you do that to me" I said wiping the tears that were falling down my face.

" melo" maya said with a soft voice coming over to trying to pull me into a hug.

" no please don't I'm so angry with you right now I knew when I saw you things weren't going to go back to the way they used to be I knew it would take time but now I don't even want that anymore I was actually going to let you see Kai but now I don't know if I'm going to let that happen" I said.

" Melo please don't do this I'm sorry I was going to tell you but when my parents said the case got thrown out I thought it would be best not to say anything and just let my parents see kairo" maya said.

" I'm done with this conversation I've made up my mind I'm not letting you or your parents see Kai until I can trust you I don't know how long it's going to be and don't try and change my mind that's my decision for now" I said walking out the door.

" I'm taking you to court Melo I should be able to see my daughter" maya said.

" take me to court then maya it's your fault your in this position you walked out on us you left me and kai what do you want me to do I don't trust you anymore" I said raising my voice. " it's not like we broke up and you walked out you faked your death" I said. Maya didn't say anything back. I just walked away and got back into my car and drove back to the hotel.

When I got there I went straight up to my room I walked in the door to see Kai eating a fruit salad on the couch watching tv.

" daddy" kai said with a smile running up to me.

" hey daddy's baby" I said picking my baby up kissing her all over her cheeks.

" daddy stop" kai said giggling.

" how'd it go bro" zo asked.

" kai can you go pack your bag baby we are going home tonight" i said to kai putting her down she nodded and walked off.

" she threatened court again I just told her that her or her parents can't see Kai I don't trust them and until I can trust them they've lost the right to see her" I said.

" I think that's fair have you spoken to her parents yet" zo asked.

" no and I really don't want to I know maya will take me to court but she doesn't have a leg to stand on you know when I saw her at the game I thought if that is maya we can finally be the family that we talked about when we found out she was pregnant not all this bullshit I'm just so annoyed and I feel so betrayed" I said.

" I know bro but you know if she takes you to court you'll probably still get full custody but they might do supervised visits" zo said.

" yeah I know but she's gonna have to move to la coz there's no way I'm moving here if she wants to see Kai and takes me to court she's gonna have to work around me and kai" I said.

" daddy I packed my bag" kai said coming back into the room.

" good job baby daddy's gotta pack his bag then we are gonna go okay" I said to kai.

" Otay daddy" kai said.

" alright bro I'll see you back in la" zo said.

" when are you guys going home" I asked.

" we are gonna stay another night" zo said.

" okay well I'll see you at practice on Wednesday" I said zo nodded and went back to his room.

I packed my bag I put mine and kai's stuff in the car I buckled kai into her car seat and I got into the drivers side and drove to the airport.

Kai and I got on the plane and flew back to la.