Ch.21

Melo's POV
3:45am
I was woken up to someone poking me on the cheek.

" daddy" I heard kai say as she was poking my face.

" what wrong baby" I said half asleep.

" I can't sleep" kai said.
I looked at my phone it was 3:45.

" I'll make you some warm milk" I said getting up from bed grabbing kai's bottle and turning the tv on for her. I walked down stairs into the kitchen and washed kai's bottle I put more milk in it and put it in the microwave for a minute. I lent against the bench rubbing my eyes.

" your up early" I heard someone say I looked up and it was Kayla's best friend Cody she's had a thing for me since we met. I didn't know she was coming on the trip until we landed.

" kai's not sleeping very well when did you get in" I asked.

" me either and about an hour ago" Cody said.

" I'm hoping some warm milk will help her sleep" I said.

" she's got insomnia right" Cody asked. I nodded.

" daddy" I saw a crying kai standing on the stairs.

" shhh what's the matter baby" I said picking her up rocking her in my arms and rubbing her back.

" I'm tired but can't sweep" kai said crying harder in my neck.

" shhhh it's okay baby" I said rubbing her back calming her down. I grabbed her milk from the microwave.

" night" I said to Cody she just smiled back. I walked up stairs back into the bedroom. I got comfy in bed and held kai like a baby while she drank her milk. I stated tickling her feet hoping it will help her relax and fall asleep.

2 hours later it's now 5:45am and kai just got back to sleep. I gently laid her next to me and laid down closing my eyes with in minutes I was asleep.

The next morning kairo woke up at 7am it's only 10 and she's already thrown 3 tantrums because she's tired. She's currently upstairs in my room I'm giving her some quite time because I know she needs it.

" melo" my dad said walking over to me.

" yeah" I said sitting up from the banana lounge.

" we are about to go on the jetSki's do you wonna come" my dad asked.

" yeah let me go see if kai wants to come" I said getting up walking inside. My dad nodded. I walked up stairs into my room to see Kai laying on my bed looking tired watching tv.

" hey baby do you want to come on the jetSki's with daddy and your uncle's and grandpa" I asked.

" yeah I wonna go" kai said exactly.

" okay baby let get your into bathers" I said.

20 minutes later we were on the jetSki's kai was sitting in front of me holding on to the handles helping me.

" this is so much fun daddy" kai was laughing and have the time of her life. It made me happy to see my baby happy.

"It is isn't babygirl" I said laughing and having fun.

About an hour later it was time to get off the jetSki's we parked the jetSki's.

" come on kairo it's time to hop off now" i said going to pick kai up helping her off the jetSki.

" no I don't want" kai said hitting my hand.

" kairo rain ball we do not hit its time to hop off the jetSki now let's go" i said in a stern but calm voice while leaning down to her level.

" no daddy I don't want to" kairo screamed at me. By now people were staring.

" kairo do not scream at me now let's go" I said.

" no" she screamed again. I just picked her up and started walking back to the rental house kairo was still screaming.

" kairo look at daddy you need to calm down I know your tired but you can't scream or hit daddy" I said sitting her down on my bed and leaning down to her level.

" I don't care daddy" kairo said laying on her side facing away from me. I walked out leaving her to have her quiet time.

" melo there's hot dogs if your hungry" my mum said.

" I'm good I'm just gonna sit outside for a while could you check in kai in about 15 minutes and see if she's hungry" I asked my mum nodded. I decided to text maya back.

Maya
We need to talk

Lamelo
If it's about yesterday I've already spoken to Ashley I don't want to hear it

Maya
Are you sleeping with that girl lamelo

Lamelo
That's none of your business what I'm doing

Maya
I don't want her around kai anymore

Lamelo
That's not gonna happen you don't get that say

Maya
She's my daughter to melo

Lamelo
Then act like it maya

My phone started ringing it was maya so I answered it.

" what" I said.

" what do you mean act like lamelo I have been but your not letting me" maya said.

" I am letting you and then we get into one small argument and you run away" i said.

" I didn't run away" maya said.

" you haven't been to see kairo in 2 months why is that maya" I asked.

" because it's obvious you and kairo don't want me around" maya said.

" Kairo doesn't want you around 1 because she doesn't know you and 2 she feels abandoned she know you just walked out on her" I said.

" you didn't need to tell her that you could have said mummy had to away for a while" maya said.

" oh yeah I'm gonna tell my daughter who thought her mum was dead because so did I that she didn't really die she had to go away for a while that makes no sense" I said.

" what do you want me to melo I've tried" maya said.

" not hard enough all I'm saying is if you want a say in what happens in my daughter's life then be in it but if your not then stop telling me how to raise my daughter i understand that it's hard but you need to try harder maya I know kai isn't into the idea of having you back because she felt like you don't care and she felt abandoned and you not showing up for 2 months didn't help that and kai is also scared that you and your parents are going to take her away from me because they tried to do that you need to build that trust with her and reassure that you aren't going to take her away from me" I said.

" what are about me and you" maya asked.

" what about us this isn't about us maya it about kai" I said.

" are we ever going to be a family again" maya asked.

" it was something that I wanted months ago but right now maya I don't want that we should just focus on kai" I said.

" okay when do you come back from Hawaii" maya asked.

" Friday we are here for a week" i said.

" do you think when you get home I could see kairo" maya asked.

" yeah if your going to come every weekend like your ment to because I'm not gonna have you coming in and out of kairo's life" I said.

" I will come every weekend to see her" maya said.

" okay good" I said.