Ch.29

Melo's POV
I walked into the cafe I saw maya sitting at a table I went and sat across from her.

" hi" I said sitting down.

" hey where's kai" she asked.

" she's at home with dayja" i said.

" oh okay well thank you for meeting me here" maya said.

" I'm not changing my mind maya I ment what I said 2 weeks ago at the house if you walk out now your not coming back you did it once and that broke kai's heart when she found out the truth I can't go through that again and I'm not having you come in and out of her life you either decide if you want to be in her life or out not half way in" I said.

" melo that's not fair I don't want to choose between my job and my baby" maya said.

" what did you think would happen when you told me I'd jump for joy and move kai to a different state" I said.

" I thought you'd at least consider moving with me so we could be a family have a fresh start" maya said.

" maya I have a girlfriend I'm not in love with you I have love for you and always will you were my first for everything your the mother of my child I love you but I'm not in love with you anymore" I said.

" I just thought because every was going do good between us we could still have that spark" maya said wiping the tears falling down her face. Maybe I'm being to harsh.

" if you move then you can still see kai but I'm not travelling all the time you can come down and see her every weekend like we've been doing" I said. I hope im making the right decision. " but if you stop for a certain amount of time that's it your done" I said.

" okay melo i promise I won't break it this time thank you" maya said.

An hour later I was home.

" im home" I said walking in the door.

" no day day go away" I heard kai scream. I ran upstairs where I heard kai. I walked to her room and saw Kai's toys everywhere and dayja trying to calm down an angry kai.

" what happened in here what's that matter baby" I said.

" no daddy go away" kai screamed at me. I was shocked my baby never screams like that. I walked over the kai and bent down to her level.

" baby girl don't scream at me take a deep breath and tell daddy what's wrong" I said.

" mummy's leaving again isn't she" kai said. I looked up at dayja not knowing what to say.

" she's moving yes but you'll still get to see her on the weekends just like we've been doing baby it won't be any different to now" i said sitting on the floor in front of her. " come here baby" I said to kai. She came and sat in my lap. " no matter what you're always going to have me" I said kissing her head we sat like that for a while before kai fell asleep on me I put her in her bed. Me and dayja went down stairs.

" I don't know what happened I'm sorry melo" dayja said. I pulled her into my lap.

"Baby you didn't do anything wrong kai is upset right now you did the right thing trying to calm her down" I said rubbing her back.

" how did it go with maya" she asked.

" it went alright I told her if she leaves she can see kai on the weekends like we've been doing but she she has to fly down here and if she misses multiple weekends in row she's done" I said. " I just hope I'm not making the wrong decision" I said.